1477Reminder - Carrizo Plain Weekend Trip

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    Jan 1, 2005

      Carrizo Plain Weekend Trip

      Date: Saturday, January 15, 2005
      Time: All Day

      (This 2-day field trip is sponsored by Sea & Sage Audubon.) The
      Carrizo Plain, located between the coastal ranges of eastern
      San Luis Obispo County, is an area which has always attracted
      birders, especially during the winter months when both the
      Sandhill Cranes and the raptors congregate on the wide-open
      scrub and grasslands. Some of the species regularly observed
      here are: Mountain Plovers & Mountain Bluebirds, Ferruginous &
      Rough-legged Hawks, Northern Harriers, Prairie Falcons, Golden
      Eagles, and Sandhill Cranes. Our leader, Roy Van De Hoek, has
      done extensive field research in the area and has an intimate
      knowledge of the plain and its wildlife. Our group will meet in
      Maricopa Saturday morning.

      Trip is limited to 25 people; Trip fee is $20. Make check
      payable to: Sea & Sage Audubon & mail to: Carrizo Plain FT, c/o
      Nancy Kenyon, 32 Almond Tree Ln, Irvine CA 92612. Please
      include your email address for more info, trip confirmation &
      directions, as well as your phone in case we have to contact you
      at the last minute. State how many passengers your car can
      comfortably hold in case it is necessary to do some voluntary
      carpooling. Heavy rain may cancel the trip.

      Trip Leader: Roy Van de Hoek
      Trip Coordinator: Nancy Kenyon; 949-786-3160; kenyon@...