1331Reminder - Heart Bar Weekend Campout

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    Jul 3 3:02 PM

      Heart Bar Weekend Campout

      Date: Saturday, July 10, 2004
      Time: 3:00PM - 7:00PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      Heart Bar Campground in the San Bernardino National Forest is
      one of the few places in southern California where the
      Whip-poor-will is routinely found. Join us for a field trip to
      Heart Bar and other locations within the San Bernardino National
      Forest.

      The trip will begin at 3 pm Sat. at the Skyline Group campground
      at Heart Bar, with daylight birding around the campground and up
      local trails. After dinner in the campground, we will hike the
      same trails listening for Spotted Owl and Whip-poor-will. After
      an early breakfast on Sun, we will drive to other nearby
      birding sites for more birding. The trip will conclude at 12
      noon at the Bear Paw Wildlife Sanctuary operated by San
      Bernardino Valley Audubon. Driving time to Heart Bar from
      central Orange County is approximately 1 3/4 hours. ADVANCE
      RESERVATIONS ARE NECESSARY. Trip fee is $15 which covers your
      campsite reservations. Make check payable to Sea & Sage Audubon
      & mail to: Heart Bar, c/o Nancy Kenyon, 32 Almond Tree Ln,
      Irvine CA 92612. Include your phone number and your email
      address or a SASE for directions & other trip information.
      (This field trip is sponsored by Sea & Sage Audubon.)

      Trip Leader, Vic Leipzig
      Trip Coordinator, Nancy Kenyon 949-786-3160; kenyon@...
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic