Changing the data value(Flat File) while transfering to target tables

  • ajit_n_murdeshwar
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18 8:03 AM
      Hi all,

      My source file is a text file. I am importing the data from text file
      using owb into the target tables. Which is succesful. Now i want to
      change the data value of one of the column from the text files and
      import it in the traget tables.

      For example My text file name is customer.txt . It has a field named
      Gender in which the values are 'Male' and 'Female' while importing the
      text file using owb i want to change 'Male' to 'M' and 'Female' to 'F'.

      How do i do it?

      Regards

      Ajeet
    • ajit_n_murdeshwar

        Message 3 of 4 , May 19 5:34 AM
          Dear Ajeeth,

          First you to load data into stagging from text files
          from stagging you todo mapping with target database ,while doing u have to apply conditions and transformation for convert male to m

          subbu

          ajit_n_murdeshwar <ajit_n_murdeshwar@...> wrote:
          Hi all,

          My source file is a text file. I am importing the data from text file
          using owb into the target tables. Which is succesful. Now i want to
          change the data value of one of the column from the text files and
          import it in the traget tables.

          For example My text file name is customer.txt . It has a field named
          Gender in which the values are 'Male' and 'Female' while importing the
          text file using owb i want to change 'Male' to 'M' and 'Female' to 'F'.

          How do i do it?

          Regards

          Ajeet

          Join
          http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

        • dfp1294
          Message 4 of 4 , May 20 4:12 AM
            The conversion can be done by using a case statement in an
            expression.

            --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, subbu rao
            <subbunaniyadav@...> wrote:

            > Dear Ajeeth,
            >
            > First you to load data into stagging from text files
            > from stagging you todo mapping with target database ,while doing
            u have to apply conditions and transformation for convert male to m

            > subbu
            >
            > ajit_n_murdeshwar <ajit_n_murdeshwar@...> wrote:
            > Hi all,
            >
            > My source file is a text file. I am importing the data from text
            file
            > using owb into the target tables. Which is succesful. Now i want
            > change the data value of one of the column from the text files and
            > import it in the traget tables.
            >
            > For example My text file name is customer.txt . It has a field
            named
            > Gender in which the values are 'Male' and 'Female' while
            importing the
            > text file using owb i want to change 'Male' to 'M' and 'Female'
            to 'F'.

            > How do i do it?
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Ajeet