How to create a simple mapping

  • OWB Kid
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2006
      Hi guys

      I am in the process of understanding how mapping
      works. I searched the net but looks like there is no
      simple mapping example.

      Can anyone please tell me how to create a simple
      mapping based on Emp and Dept table and generate the
      same.

      I would appreciate for all your time and help.

      Thanks muchly

      OWB kid

      On Yahoo!7
      Messenger - Make free PC-to-PC calls to your friends overseas.
      http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
    • sudheer ch
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
        Hi...I can tell u simple and direct mapping...

        Step1:create a table structure same as emp in the ur target schema user.
        step2:create target module and import the created table.
        Step3:Create Source module and import the required emp table.
        Step4:U can find mappings folder in the target module.
        Step5:Create new mapping in that.
        Step6:Bring the source and target tables using the mapping table operator from the operator tool box.
        Step6:Give direct mapping from the source to the target table.
        Step7:validate the mapping.
        Step8:Go to deployment manager and register the source and target locations..
        Step9:generate and deploy the mapping.

        OWB Kid <owb_kid@...> wrote:
        Hi guys

        I am in the process of understanding how mapping
        works. I searched the net but looks like there is no
        simple mapping example.

        Can anyone please tell me how to create a simple
        mapping based on Emp and Dept table and generate the
        same.

        I would appreciate for all your time and help.

        Thanks muchly

        OWB kid

        On Yahoo!7
        Messenger - Make free PC-to-PC calls to your friends overseas.
        http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

        Join
        http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

        Oracle 10g Oracle database Oracle 8i database Oracle database administration Oracle database administrator Oracle database software

      • OWB Kid
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
          Dear Sudheer

          Many thanks for your help. I am now able to understand
          how the mappings work. However I am not able to deploy
          the mapping. Its coming up with warnings "ora-942
          table does not exists".

          I would like to tell you what I have done.

          DWREPDESIGN (from the OWB repository assistant) - OWB
          design repository
          2 - DWREPRT (from the OWB runtime assistant) - OWB
          runtime repository
          3 - DWRTA (*optional* - from the OWB runtime
          assistant) - OWB runtime repository access user
          4 - DWRTS (from the OWB runtime assistant) - OWB
          runtime schema - where the data will reside

          A) Created a emp table in DWRTA schema as per user
          suggestion.

          B) Steps 2 to Step 7 performed successfully. Infact I
          have even generated the script successfully.

          C) I have created 2 locations one each for target and
          source module. Then created a connector with both
          locations.

          D) Created a runtime repository connection with
          CONNECT USER = DWRTS
          RUNTIME REPOSITORY OWNER = DWREPRT

          I initially tried to use DWRTA as the connect user.
          However that complained.

          Thanks muchly.

          Regards

          PC

          ---------------------------------

          OWB Kid <owb_kid@...> wrote:
          Hi guys

          I am in the process of understanding how mapping
          works. I searched the net but looks like there is no
          simple mapping example.

          Can anyone please tell me how to create a simple
          mapping based on Emp and Dept table and generate the
          same.

          I would appreciate for all your time and help.

          Thanks muchly

          OWB kid

          On Yahoo!7
          Messenger - Make free PC-to-PC calls to your friends
          overseas.
          http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

          Join
          http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

          Oracle 10g Oracle database Oracle 8i
          database Oracle database administration Oracle
          database administrator Oracle database software

          Terms of Service.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 18, 2006
                Hi Sudheer

                Thanks for your help. I was able to create the
                mapping. I would appreciate if you can please help me
                with regards to creating other mappings etc.

                Is there a tutorial we can have a look. I know theres
                one from Oracle. But not much of help to me as I am a
                beginner.

                Thanks muchly.

                CP

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 18, 2006
                  HI...Even Iam new to OWB...But now iam not working on OWB...Iam working on cognos reportnet now....Try 2 do mappings with differebt operators and flat file as source.

                  OWB Kid <owb_kid@...> wrote: Hi Sudheer

                  OWB Kid <owb_kid@...> wrote:
[...]

                  regards,
                  SUDHEER.CH