Re: [OracleWarehouseBuilder] Workflow

  • pavan chelvaraj
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28 2:46 PM
      Dear Otavio

      Many thanks for your help.

      I was able to install OWF and could see owf_mgr schema
      in the db.

      Thanks again.

      Cheers
      OWB Kid
      --- otavio otavio07 <otavio07@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Dear Colleagues,

      Maybe I can give you some steps. I had the same
      problem...

      Install Oracle Workflow 2.6.3 schema via Windows
      This as an alternative to the problems with the
      installation of workflow tables on Unix.
      · Install the Oracle 10g database software on
      a Windows client (but don’t create a database)
      This installation is very similar to installing Oracle
      10g on Unix.
      · Update the Oracle 10g database software to
      version 10.1.0.4.
      This installation is very similar to installing this
      patch version on Unix.
      · Install Oracle Workflow 2.6.3 in the Oracle
      10g database home directory.
      This installation is very similar to installing Oracle
      Workflow 2.6.3 on Unix.
      · Create a tnsnames.ora file (in
      $ORACLE_HOME\network\admin) so that the next step can
      connect to the database. (Forgetting this will result
      in the error ‘This is not an Oracle 10g database’
      which is a very confusing error when the real problem
      is that it cannot contact the database.)
      After creating a tnsnames.ora file test the
      connection. (Use SQL*Plus to test the connection.)
      · Create the user owf_mgr in the database:
      o SQL> grant connect,resource,dba to owf_mgr
      identified by owf_mgr;
      · Start workflow install on Windows and enter
      the needed parameters.
      In a DOS box execute:
      o Make sure database is started and a
      connection from Windows is possible
      o cd ……oracle_home….\wf\install
      o wfinstall.bat
      § Workflow account: owf_mgr (default)
      § Workflow password: owf_mgr
      § sys password: manager
      § Install options: Install
      § Language selection: US (cannot be changed)
      § Connect method: remote
      § Connect string: DWH1
      (DWH1 is here the SQL*Net connect string.)
      § Host name: <computer>
      § JDBC connection: <computer>:1521:DWH1
      (DWH1 is here the ORACLE_SID that is used on computer
      <computer>!!!
      JDBC connections use the format
      <computer>:<port>:<oracle_sid>.)
      § Enter LDAP parameters (optional): no
      § Enter Mailer parameters (optional): no
      § Change Tablespace: no
      Notes:
      · You can try yes but it’s not possible to
      change the value to WORKFLOW. That is why the WORKFLOW
      tablespace is not needed anymore when creating the
      database.
      · Setting the default tablespace of user
      owf_mgr to workflow before starting the installation
      does not solve the problem.

      The middle tier and client part of the Workflow
      installation are not needed.

      As user system do :

      grant execute any procedure to owf_mgr;

      After this, don't forget to create a flow module
      in OWB and its location ; and inside runtime
      right-click on FLOW module created and Register the
      location flow with the login OWF_MGR

      I hope it helps.

      Cheers,
      Otávio Tallarico.
      DW's DBA, OWB Analyst & Microstrategy
      Administrator.

      sudheer ch <chsudheer4@...> escreveu:

      Hi....Even Iam facing the same problem....Please let
      me know If anyone has the solution....

      owb_kid <owb_kid@...> wrote: Hi all

      I am pretty new to OWB and also to this group.

      On box A
      a) I have installed Oracle 10.1.0.4
      b) I have installed OWB (Runtime repository etc)

      On box B

      a) I have installed OWB (design time)

      I have been going through some doco and one of which
      asks us to
      install Workflow.

      My question is, Oracle does not ship Workflow with the
      database. Do I
      need to download Workflow and install it in box A.

      Can some one please help me through this.

      Cheers

      Owb kid.

      Join
      http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      Oracle 10g Oracle database Oracle 8i
      database Oracle database administration Oracle
      database administrator Oracle database software

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------

      regards,
      SUDHEER.CH
      (Biztune Software Pvt Ltd)

      Join
      http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      Oracle 10g Oracle database Oracle 8i
      database Oracle database administration Oracle
      database administrator Oracle database software

      Terms of Service.

      Join
      http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      Terms of Service.

      On Yahoo!7
      Music: Create your own personalised radio station.
      http://au.launch.yahoo.com/
    • sudheer ch

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 28 8:39 PM
          Please be aware that you do NOT have to have OWF to run owb mappings
          from outside the OWB client. You can
          use ..\owb\rtp\sql\sqlplus_exec_template.sql as well. This can also
          be used to integrate OWB mappings with any third party scheduler.

          Regards
          -Sachin

          --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, sudheer ch