Re: [OracleWarehouseBuilder] Re: Sequence of import new OWB's objects

  • otavio otavio07
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
      Dear Sachin,

      Thanks for your help. I forgot the OBMPlus program to help me to write a script that import step-by-step the sequence of objects that I have to import.

      About (missing modules X missing database links) I'll investigate it in OTN.

      Best Regards,
      Otavio.

      Sachin Garg <sachin_garg@...> escreveu:
      Otavio,

      Ideally, the import sequence should not matter. You can try importing
      the independent objects first, like tables, views etc followed by
      mappings.

      Oracle had published a function called restore earlier on OTN (I'm
      sorry i don't have the link) that i have used in the past to fix
      similar problems where the links had disappeared upon import. I have
      seen the second problem but don't think the restore function takes
      care of that. I have had to fix it manually too. You could possibly
      write an OMB script for the second one as well if OTN doesn't help
      you.

      Regards
      -Sachin

      --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "otavio07"
      <otavio07@...> wrote:

      > Dear All,
      >
      > Always, I receive (from another country) some new versions of
      > mappings, table definitions , flows , transformations, etc... and I
      > have to import them in my database.
      >
      > But, everytime after I import these things, and I enter into a
      > mapping and see that everything is messy. For example, the new
      field
      > of the new mapping is not "linked" with another object. I have to
      re-
      > link everything again !
      >
      > Another example also is after successful importation, all the
      > locations that I have inside in each module (into properties -->
      > location tab) disapeared. I have to assign the location for each
      > module again and again.
      >
      > My question is : To avoid these kind of problems, what I have to
      > do ? How is the sequence that I have to apply in each "import"
      > process to avoid these re-work problems ?
      >
      > Best Regards and thanks in advance,
      > Otavio Tallarico.
      > (otavio07@...)

      Join
      http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      Oracle 10g Oracle database Oracle 8i database Oracle database administration Oracle database administrator Oracle database software

    • Ravikumar Jonnalagadda
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
        Hi All

        I am having aproblem with OWB now . please respond ASAP.
        I ahve some VIews in Schema called test_schema
        In order to import those views into OWB i have created a DB link.
        using DB link I am able to import the view to Source Module of OWB.
        i have create a simple map .. that is one to one map that pulls the data from the view to staging table.
        when i ran the map (Execute) it is showing 0 records are inserted into staging table .
        i went to OWB repository and checked with the same dblink i have created in OWB.That is selecting all the rows of the same view. But when i ran the map it is showing that 0 records were inserted.
        so am unable to creck it . if u know ,,,please help me as early as possible

        Thanks and regards
        Ravi

        REGARDS,
        RAVI KUMAR J,
        SOFTWARE ENGINEER,
        BODHTREE CONSULTING LTD,
        HYDERABAD VOICE: +91(40)5526-5570~74
        MOBILE : +91 98485 12408
        EMAIL : rjonnalgadda@...

      • praveen gowdar

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 9, 2006
            Hi Praveen,

            map is picking up the view from test_schema(source) only. Am able to import the definition of view, but when i ran the map, no records were inserted into the target table.

            I am able to select the records from the same view in OWb repository using the DBLINK..

            Do i need any previlages or grants ?
            awaiting reply

            Thanks
            Ravi Kumar J
            praveen gowdar <praveen_gowdar@...> wrote:
[...]

          • ROTIMI ADEMOLA
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 9, 2006
              Hi Kumar,

              Check the following:
              1. That the dblink you used when importing the schema structure into
              OWB is also what is used during Runtime. I know the configuration for
              Design and Runtime are different, so you can check this.
              2. That the Table Operation is actually Insert inside the mapping.
              3. If you have OWB Runtime Audit Browser set up, it should help you see
              if there are any errors during the mapping execution.

              Hope this helps.

              Cheers,
              Rotimi Rufus.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • praveen gowdar
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 10, 2006
                Kumar,

                You need to be little specific.
                1)After you run the map. does it end successfully?
                2) Go to owb runtime schema and check for any runtime errors . OR
                3)Go to Database -->Package (Every mapping generates a package).
                Cut and paste the select code genearted from the package(do not write your own) , execute it , to see if it fetches any record.

                Regards,
                Praveen

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                Join
                http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

                Oracle 10g Oracle database Oracle 8i database Oracle database administration Oracle database administrator Oracle database software

              • seshpalli srinivas