RE: [OracleWarehouseBuilder] ANYONE used OWB9.2 to load flat files???

  • Fahd Saeed
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5, 2004
      kamal,

      yeah if you could send me some documentation on it that would be great. I used sqlldr on my own and created control files and all to load the data from flat files. The problem with owb was that I didnt know how to drop a flat file on a map??

      fahd
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 2004
        fahd

              in the mapping editor menu, we have an option of dragging the flat file. just click on the sequential file button and drag it onto the mappping editor. and it would ask for the necessar path for that fiel which u had already brought in..

        if this doesnt help
        i will send u something
        bye
        kamal

        one oz <ozone3749@...> wrote:
        --- Fahd Saeed <fsaeed@...> wrote:
        > Hello Everyone.
        >
        > I got a grip load of flat files sitting on my hard
        > disk. I have a target
        > schema created, and have loaded OWB with the target
        > location and all that
        > jazz. Now when i'm drawing my map, I load the flat
        > file wizard from the
        > toolbox, BUT i only get the following two options
        >
        > * Create unbound mapping file with no attributes
        > * Select from existing repository file and bind
        >
        > The following two options are not available
        >
        > *Create new repository file and bind
        > *Import File into repository and bind
        >
        > My question is: How do I load these flat files into
        > my OWB map? How do you
        > load from flat files in OWB in general? Has anyone
        > used flat files to load
        > oracle DB using OWB? I have the option of using
        > SQL*Loader, but wanted to
        > give OWB a chance before leaving it for SQL*Loader.
        > Any advice suggestion
        > would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
        >

        > Regards,
        > Fahd Saeed

        Fahd,

        I have used owb to load flat files via sql*loader
        scripts generated by owb.  also, consider using
        external files instead.  there are lots of advantages
        to this method. it does require a v9 target database.
        as far as the problems you are having, i would
        recommend checking the documentation for the steps to
        perform this operation.

        Mark Sandler

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • khaleel43
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 7, 2004
          Hi Fahd,

          I have done some data loading from flat files to Oracle tables using
          OWB maps. Still if u face problems, pls do get back to me with more
          details.

          Best Rgds
          khaleel

          --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, one oz