Re: [OracleWarehouseBuilder] Digest Number 22

  • Abid Khan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2004
      Fahd,

      I think you need to create a flat file module first which allows you to sample the file and create the necessary structure (i.e. columns and datatypes). Once that is done you can go to the mapping stage and drop the flat file operator onto your mapping.

      Another approach is to use external tables. Two ways to do this, define your own external table based on your file and use that OR define one within OWB. I would recommend the second approach as it would be easier to maintain should your flat file structure change in the future.

      HTH

      Abid Khan