Re: [OracleWarehouseBuilder] which mapping operators to use???

  • seshpalli srinivas
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 15, 2005
      join on key columns. I think in your case it should be
      on emp_id
      --- jessica pais <jpais79@...> wrote:

      > hey,
      > Thanks for the reply but what would be the join
      > condition if I had to join the two tables.
      >

      > seshpalli srinivas <coolcnu@...> wrote:
      > use join operator to join tables A and B and then
      > use filter and then use deduplicator.
      >
      > jpais79 <jpais79@...> wrote:I have a query for
      > which I need to develop a mapping for:
      > it looks like this:
      > SELECT DISTINCT a.employee_id
      > FROM employee a
      > WHERE
      > not exists( select 'x' from employee b where
      > b.employee_id_2 =
      > a.employee_id);
      >
      > what are the mapping operators I would use in this
      > case???
      > pls. do reply asap!!
      >

      > Join
      > http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      > Oracle database administration Oracle 9i database
      > Oracle database management Oracle database backup
      > Oracle database Oracle database software

      > to:

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      > removed]
      >

      > Join
      > http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      > Oracle database administration Oracle 9i database
      > Oracle database management Oracle database backup
      > Oracle database Oracle database software

      > to:

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      >

      > ---------------------------------

      > removed]

    • jessica pais
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 15, 2005
        Hi srinivas,
        Is it a problem if we do not add a join condition to the joiner..(where I joined the employee_id from table a and employee_id & employee_id_2 from table b)??
        It gives me a warning but allowed me to deploy the mapping successfully.
        pls. do let me know if this is ok.
        Thanks.

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 15, 2005
          could you give me the warning message

          --- jessica pais <jpais79@...> wrote:

          > Hi srinivas,
          > Is it a problem if we do not add a join condition to
          > the joiner..(where I joined the employee_id from
          > table a and employee_id & employee_id_2 from table
          > b)??
          > It gives me a warning but allowed me to deploy the
          > mapping successfully.
          > pls. do let me know if this is ok.
          > Thanks.
          >
          > seshpalli srinivas <coolcnu@...> wrote:
          >
          > join on key columns. I think in your case it should
          > be
          > on emp_id
          > --- jessica pais <jpais79@...> wrote:
          >
          > > hey,
          > > Thanks for the reply but what would be the join
          > > condition if I had to join the two tables.
          > >

          > > seshpalli srinivas <coolcnu@...> wrote:
          > > use join operator to join tables A and B and then
          > > use filter and then use deduplicator.
          > >
          > > jpais79 <jpais79@...> wrote:I have a query
          > for
          > > which I need to develop a mapping for:
          > > it looks like this:
          > > SELECT DISTINCT a.employee_id
          > > FROM employee a
          > > WHERE
          > > not exists( select 'x' from employee b where
          > > b.employee_id_2 =
          > > a.employee_id);
          > >
          > > what are the mapping operators I would use in this
          > > case???
          > > pls. do reply asap!!
          > >

          > > Join
          > > http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

          > > Oracle database administration Oracle 9i database
          > > Oracle database management Oracle database backup
          > > Oracle database Oracle database software

          > > to:

          > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

          > > removed]
          > >

          > > Join
          > > http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

          > > Oracle database administration Oracle 9i database
          > > Oracle database management Oracle database backup
          > > Oracle database Oracle database software

          > > to:

          > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
          > >

          > > ---------------------------------

          > > removed]
          > >

          > Join
          > http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

          > Oracle database administration Oracle 9i database
          > Oracle database management Oracle database backup
          > Oracle database Oracle database software

          > to:

          > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
          >

          > ---------------------------------

          > removed]

        • janak Bhawnani
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 15, 2005
            Mostly its not Ok from a logical and functional perspective to have a joiner without join condition because it will generate a cartesian product between two tables.
            OWB gives a warning to alert u that it may yield wrong results.But if u r sure u want to generate a cartesian owb will let u deploy the map and run it..It will be a logical fault and not a technical error..

            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 16, 2005
              Thanks !! but if that is the case, then how would you develop a mapping for this particular query:
              SELECT DISTINCT a.employee_id
              FROM employee a
              WHERE
              not exists( select 'x' from employee b where
              b.employee_id_2 =
              a.employee_id);
              well!! I am not sure if this is the right way to do it, but this is what I formulated,
              I use (Table a) use a filter to filter out all the employee_id with a condition employee_id_2 = employee_id, then used a set operator minus..
              Let me know if this could be better way of looking at it,

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 16, 2005
                Interestiing !! Let me understand the requirement.Based on ur query I see that there is only one table employee with two columns in concern- employee_id and employee_id_2.
                CASE ASSUMPTION 1
                I assume the that there are multiple records for the same employee_id and we need to print those employee_id where no record exists satisfying condition employee_id = employee_id_2.
                Lets take the following sample

                employee_id employee-id_2
                101 <xyz>
                101 <abc>

                102 <pqr>
                102 <mns>
                102 102

                Now based on this we want to print "101" because there is not even a single record exitsing which satisfies
                condition employee_id = employee_id_2 for this employee_id.
                Though ur method of minus operator and filters with distinct operators will also work, I wud do it this way..
                select empployee_id from employee
                groupby employee_id
                having sum(case when employee_id=employee_id_2 then 1 end ) = 0

                In owb it can be done in very simple way.create an expression with an input employee_id and employee_id_2 . In outgroup create an attribute (lets name flag ) .populate this with the expression
                "case when employee_id=employee_id_2 then 1 end "
                Now bring an aggregator .Inputs employee_id and flag.
                set the following properties
                group by --employee_id
                having -- sum(flag) = 0

                And now map the employee_id in outgroup to ur target..
                U r done with a single expression and a agg.

                If the number of records is large then this approach wud be faster than the (distinct,minus and join filter operators).For small data set u can choose ur conveneinece.

                CASE ASSUMPTION 2 Pardon if I assume ur case to be too simplistic..But just in case if the data has only one record for the
                employee_id like below

                employee_id employee-id_2
                101 <xyz> or null

                102 102

                Then we need a simple filter (where employee_id <> employee_id_2)

                Let me know if i got the requirements and assumptions wrong

                I hope this helps..
                Regards
                Janak

                And we want to print distinct employee_id where employee_id is not equal to

                --- jessica pais <jpais79@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

                > Oracle database administration Oracle 9i database
                > Oracle database management Oracle database backup
                > Oracle database Oracle database software

                > to:

                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                >

                > ---------------------------------

                > removed]

                Join
                http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

                Oracle database administration Oracle 9i database Oracle database management Oracle database backup Oracle database Oracle database software

                Join
                http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

                Join
                http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

                Oracle database administration Oracle 9i database Oracle database management Oracle database backup Oracle database Oracle database software

              • Ardi M
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 19, 2005
                  Hi All,

                  Could you help me in this case ?

                  My configuration details is as follows:
                  Oracle 9i Warehouse Builder Client: 10.1.0.2.0
                  Oracle 9i Warehouse Builder Repository: 10.1.0.1.0
                  Windows XP Professional

                  I developed mapping which involves a Flat File as source and Oracle Table as
                  target.
                  My source file is in D:\clients\bulk_loading\ifact_workforce_plan.txt, I
                  generated validated and deployed/executed mapping but the data is not
                  getting loaded to table, When I execute mapping using execute option, I see
                  the message that file "D:\clients\bulk_loading\ifact_workforce_plan.txt"
                  (missing "\" after D:\clients)can not be opened,

                  When I run to execute this mapping (using OWB Deployment Manager), this
                  oracle table didn't get any data from this execution... and I got these
                  messages :

                  Starting Execution BULK_WORFORCE_PLAN_MAP
                  Starting Task BULK_WORFORCE_PLAN_MAP

                  SQL*Loader: Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production on Tue Sep 20 11:28:30 2005

                  Copyright (c) 1982, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.

                  Control File: /oracle/owb/owb/temp/BULK_WORFORCE_PLAN_MAP.ctl
                  Character Set WE8MSWIN1252 specified for all input.

                  Data File: D:clientsbulk_loadingifact_workforce_plan.txt
                  Bad File: /oracle/owb/owb/temp/D:clientsbulk_loadingifact_workforce_plan.bad
                  Discard File: none specified

                  (Allow all discards)

                  Number to load: ALL
                  Number to skip: 0
                  Errors allowed: 50
                  Bind array: 200 rows, maximum of 50000 bytes
                  Continuation: none specified
                  Path used: Conventional

                  Table "DWH"."WORKFORCE_PLAN_STG", loaded from every logical record.
                  Insert option in effect for this table: TRUNCATE

                  Column Name Position Len Term Encl Datatype
                  ------------------------------ ---------- ----- ---- ----
                  ---------------------
                  "YEAR" 1 * , O(") CHARACTER
                  "DEPT_NAME" NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER
                  "DEPT_CODE" NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER
                  "LEVELS" NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER
                  "PLAN" NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER
                  "HIRING" NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER

                  value used for ROWS parameter changed from 200 to 32
                  SQL*Loader-500: Unable to open file
                  (D:clientsbulk_loadingifact_workforce_plan.txt)
                  SQL*Loader-553: file not found
                  SQL*Loader-509: System error: No such file or directory
                  SQL*Loader-2026: the load was aborted because SQL Loader cannot continue.

                  Table "DWH"."WORKFORCE_PLAN_STG":
                  0 Rows successfully loaded.
                  0 Rows not loaded due to data errors.
                  0 Rows not loaded because all WHEN clauses were failed.
                  0 Rows not loaded because all fields were null.

                  Space allocated for bind array: 49536 bytes(32 rows)
                  Read buffer bytes: 65536

                  Total logical records skipped: 0
                  Total logical records read: 0
                  Total logical records rejected: 0
                  Total logical records discarded: 0

                  Run began on Tue Sep 20 11:28:30 2005
                  Run ended on Tue Sep 20 11:28:31 2005

                  Elapsed time was: 00:00:01.09
                  CPU time was: 00:00:00.07

                  RPE-01013: SQL Loader reported error condition, number 1.
                  Completing Task BULK_WORFORCE_PLAN_MAP
                  Completing Execution BULK_WORFORCE_PLAN_MAP

                • Sudipta Chatterjee
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 20, 2005
                    Ardi,

                    When you register the location in the deployment
                    manager, make sure that you are providing the "\" at
                    the end of teh directory path. I think that is the
                    problem.

                    Regards,
                    Sudipta

                    ---------------------------------

                    ------------------------------ ---------- ----- ----
                    ----
                    ---------------------
[...]

                    Please help me for this case...it seems this process
                    can't open or get the
                    flat file...

                    Thanks and regards,
                    ARDI

                    Join
                    http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

                    Terms of Service.

                    ---------------------------------

                    -------------------------------------
                    http://sudiptachatterjee.blogspot.com

                    __________________________________
                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • kamal kamal
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 20, 2005
                      and also did u deploy the connector as the directory?????

                      Sudipta Chatterjee <sudipta_cht@...> wrote:Ardi,

                      --- Ardi M <ardi28m@...> wrote:

                      ---------------------------------
[...]

                      Oracle database administration Oracle 9i database Oracle database management Oracle database backup Oracle database Oracle database tool

                    • Ardi M
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 20, 2005
                        Thanks to Sudipta and Kamal for your help..
                        Today I can do it... Basicly my problem is when I used Deployment Manager
                        to deploy and
                        execute the mapping, I didn't re-register the Location into the server path
                        (my flat file was still
                        in my local directory 'D:xxxxxx.txt').. when I did to re-register the
                        Location into the server eg.'/oracle/upload/hr_bulk/' and I uploaded the
                        flat file into the server ('my_flat_file.txt' into
                        'oracle/upload/hr_bulk/my_flat_file.txt'),
                        it works... and I ensured again that I have typed '/' at the end of the path
                        (as you mentioned before)...it really
                        works....:)
                        Thanks a lot guys...
                        Regards,