OWB Sequence vs. oracle sequence

  • Sankara Narayanan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2005
      Hi,

      Is there any general recommendation to use oracle sequence over OWB
      sequenc in terms of performance?

      Thanks,
      Sankar
    • kamal kamal
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2005
        we have used both and there was no distinguishable change in performance...

        Sankara Narayanan <sankarsuresh@...> wrote:Hi,

        Is there any general recommendation to use oracle sequence over OWB
        sequenc in terms of performance?

        Thanks,
        Sankar

        Join
        http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

        Oracle database administration Oracle 9i database Oracle database management Oracle database backup Oracle database Oracle database software

      • Sankara Narayanan A
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2005
          Thanks for the information Kamal.

          Is there any difference between the following two approaches:
          1) Import the Oracle Sequence and call it from OWB.
          2) Use Oracle Sequence in the PL/SQL block

          Thanks,
          Sankar

          --
          Regards,