oracle data warehouse builder reporting(without oracle As)

  • parastou tourani
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2004
      Hi All,
      I am doing a project at university involving building a data warehouse prototype.
      I have a problem in reporting from OWB client.I use warehouse builder
      client version.(I wan't to use Oracle9iAs)After setting browser(IE 6.)to
      bypass local server,and starting oracle http server powewred by apache
      and setting general gateway fo oracle,still couldn't report from owb client
      object.After reporting the IE page after about 50 minutes hasn't loadedd.
       I seriously hope someone can help me here.
      Thanks
      Parastou

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Fahd Saeed
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 19, 2004
        Hello Everyone.

        I got a grip load of flat files sitting on my hard disk. I have a target schema created, and have loaded OWB with the target location and all that jazz. Now when i'm drawing my map, I load the flat file wizard from the toolbox, BUT i only get the following two options

        * Create unbound mapping file with no attributes
        * Select from existing repository file and bind

        The following two options are not available

        *Create new repository file and bind
        *Import File into repository and bind

        My question is: How do I load these flat files into my OWB map? How do you load from flat files in OWB in general? Has anyone used flat files to load oracle DB using OWB? I have the option of using SQL*Loader, but wanted to give OWB a chance before leaving it for SQL*Loader. Any advice suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

        Regards,
        Fahd Saeed

      • one oz
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 19, 2004
          --- Fahd Saeed <fsaeed@...> wrote:
          > Hello Everyone.
          >
          > I got a grip load of flat files sitting on my hard
          > disk. I have a target
          > schema created, and have loaded OWB with the target
          > location and all that
          > jazz. Now when i'm drawing my map, I load the flat
          > file wizard from the
          > toolbox, BUT i only get the following two options
          >
          > * Create unbound mapping file with no attributes
          > * Select from existing repository file and bind
          >
          > The following two options are not available
          >
          > *Create new repository file and bind
          > *Import File into repository and bind
          >
          > My question is: How do I load these flat files into
          > my OWB map? How do you
          > load from flat files in OWB in general? Has anyone
          > used flat files to load
          > oracle DB using OWB? I have the option of using
          > SQL*Loader, but wanted to
          > give OWB a chance before leaving it for SQL*Loader.
          > Any advice suggestion
          > would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
          >

          > Regards,
          > Fahd Saeed

          Fahd,

          I have used owb to load flat files via sql*loader
          scripts generated by owb. also, consider using
          external files instead. there are lots of advantages
          to this method. it does require a v9 target database.
          as far as the problems you are having, i would
          recommend checking the documentation for the steps to
          perform this operation.

          Mark Sandler

        • kamal kamal
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
            hey fahd

                          i have used flat files as inputs to OWB and the version i am using is 9.0.2. if u have specified the correct location and connector for that location u should at every instant get prompts that classify ur flat files like whether it was fixed width or delimited and the field names for colums and stuff.

            the OWB creates SQL*loader scripts to upload data into oracle froma  flatfile..

            i can send u the necessary documentation if u want..just lemme know
            bye
            kamal

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2004
              kamal,

              yeah if you could send me some documentation on it that would be great. I used sqlldr on my own and created control files and all to load the data from flat files. The problem with owb was that I didnt know how to drop a flat file on a map??

              one oz <ozone3749@...> wrote:
              --- Fahd Saeed <fsaeed@...> wrote:
              > Hello Everyone.
              >
              > I got a grip load of flat files sitting on my hard
              > disk. I have a target
              > schema created, and have loaded OWB with the target
              > location and all that
              > jazz. Now when i'm drawing my map, I load the flat
              > file wizard from the
              > toolbox, BUT i only get the following two options
              >
              > * Create unbound mapping file with no attributes
              > * Select from existing repository file and bind
              >
              > The following two options are not available
              >
              > *Create new repository file and bind
              > *Import File into repository and bind
              >
              > My question is: How do I load these flat files into
              > my OWB map? How do you
              > load from flat files in OWB in general? Has anyone
              > used flat files to load
              > oracle DB using OWB? I have the option of using
              > SQL*Loader, but wanted to
              > give OWB a chance before leaving it for SQL*Loader.
              > Any advice suggestion
              > would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
              >

              > Regards,
              > Fahd Saeed

              Fahd,

              I have used owb to load flat files via sql*loader
              scripts generated by owb.  also, consider using
              external files instead.  there are lots of advantages
              to this method. it does require a v9 target database.
              as far as the problems you are having, i would
              recommend checking the documentation for the steps to
              perform this operation.

              Mark Sandler

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • cool dude
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2004
                fahd

                      in the mapping editor menu, we have an option of dragging the flat file. just click on the sequential file button and drag it onto the mappping editor. and it would ask for the necessar path for that fiel which u had already brought in..

                if this doesnt help
                i will send u something
                bye
                kamal

                one oz <ozone3749@...> wrote:
                --- Fahd Saeed <fsaeed@...> wrote:
                > Hello Everyone.
                >
                > I got a grip load of flat files sitting on my hard
                > disk. I have a target
                > schema created, and have loaded OWB with the target
                > location and all that
                > jazz. Now when i'm drawing my map, I load the flat
                > file wizard from the
                > toolbox, BUT i only get the following two options
                >
                > * Create unbound mapping file with no attributes
                > * Select from existing repository file and bind
                >
                > The following two options are not available
                >
                > *Create new repository file and bind
                > *Import File into repository and bind
                >
                > My question is: How do I load these flat files into
                > my OWB map? How do you
                > load from flat files in OWB in general? Has anyone
                > used flat files to load
                > oracle DB using OWB? I have the option of using
                > SQL*Loader, but wanted to
                > give OWB a chance before leaving it for SQL*Loader.
                > Any advice suggestion
                > would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
                >

                > Regards,
                > Fahd Saeed

                Fahd,

                I have used owb to load flat files via sql*loader
                scripts generated by owb.  also, consider using
                external files instead.  there are lots of advantages
                to this method. it does require a v9 target database.
                as far as the problems you are having, i would
                recommend checking the documentation for the steps to
                perform this operation.

                Mark Sandler

                Do you Yahoo!?

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • khaleel43
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 7, 2004
                  Hi Fahd,

                  I have done some data loading from flat files to Oracle tables using
                  OWB maps. Still if u face problems, pls do get back to me with more
                  details.

                  Best Rgds
                  khaleel

                  --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, one oz