Meta Data Repo

  • lalalulu24
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22, 2005
      Dear All,

      I need to generate a Meta Database out of the existing Source and
      Target databases (DW). I belive OWB provides a tool to do just that.

      Could you please tell which tool that is and how I could work with the
      same? What all do I need to run the same?

      Could you point me to some documentation on the web? I have gone
      through pages of oracle Documents but am still a little confused. Do I
      need to work OWB Design Browser, or something called CWM (Common
      Warehosue Metamodel), or the Meta Data Repository?

      Where do I see this Meta Data Reository?

      Any help on the matter would be highly appreciated.

      Regards,
      Larry
    • kamal kamal
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 22, 2005
        what do u mean by meta database???????

        lalalulu24 <lalalulu24@...> wrote: Dear All,

        I need to generate a Meta Database out of the existing Source and
        Target databases (DW). I belive OWB provides a tool to do just that.

        Could you please tell which tool that is and how I could work with the
        same? What all do I need to run the same?

        Could you point me to some documentation on the web? I have gone
        through pages of oracle Documents but am still a little confused. Do I
        need to work OWB Design Browser, or something called CWM (Common
        Warehosue Metamodel), or the Meta Data Repository?

        Where do I see this Meta Data Reository?

        Any help on the matter would be highly appreciated.

        Regards,
        Larry

        Join
        http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      • lalalulu24
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 22, 2005
          Well basically I need to extract the Meta Data out of the existing
          source, staging, and target databases. This is for reporting and
          statistics purposes.

          --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, kamal kamal
          <minimeu2003@y...> wrote:
          > what do u mean by meta database???????
          >
          > lalalulu24 <lalalulu24@y...> wrote: Dear All,
          >
          > I need to generate a Meta Database out of the existing Source and
          > Target databases (DW). I belive OWB provides a tool to do just
          that.

          > Could you please tell which tool that is and how I could work with
          the
          > same? What all do I need to run the same?
          >
          > Could you point me to some documentation on the web? I have gone
          > through pages of oracle Documents but am still a little confused.
          Do I
          > need to work OWB Design Browser, or something called CWM (Common
          > Warehosue Metamodel), or the Meta Data Repository?
          >
          > Where do I see this Meta Data Reository?
          >
          > Any help on the matter would be highly appreciated.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Larry
          >

          > Join
          > http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

          Service.

        • Michel Boire
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 23, 2005
            You already have reports on all the objects available
            through the Web Warehouse via Builder Design Browser,
            see -->
            Oracle9i Warehouse Builder
            Installation and Configuration Guide
            Release 9.2.0.3
            Part No. B11000-02
            --> 2.4 Step 3. Enable Warehouse Builder Design
            Browser Client

            For statistics, you have the OWB Runtime Audit Browser
            which is accessible through OC4J or Simple SQL

            MB
            --- lalalulu24 <lalalulu24@...> wrote:

            > Well basically I need to extract the Meta Data out
            > of the existing
            > source, staging, and target databases. This is for
            > reporting and
            > statistics purposes.
            >
            > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, kamal
            > kamal
            > <minimeu2003@y...> wrote:
            > > what do u mean by meta database???????
            > >
            > > lalalulu24 <lalalulu24@y...> wrote: Dear All,
            > >
            > > I need to generate a Meta Database out of the
            > existing Source and
            > > Target databases (DW). I belive OWB provides a
            > tool to do just
            > that.
            > >
            > > Could you please tell which tool that is and how I
            > could work with
            > the
            > > same? What all do I need to run the same?
            > >
            > > Could you point me to some documentation on the
            > web? I have gone
            > > through pages of oracle Documents but am still a
            > little confused.
            > Do I
            > > need to work OWB Design Browser, or something
            > called CWM (Common
            > > Warehosue Metamodel), or the Meta Data Repository?
            >

            > > Where do I see this Meta Data Reository?
            > >
            > > Any help on the matter would be highly
            > appreciated.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Larry