RTC-5161 error

  • dfp1294
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8, 2005
      Using OWB 9.2

      Situation:

      Moving from development to production and then deploying, and
      sometimes in development when deploying.

      I get a RTC-5161 error, an oracle internal error that is thus far
      unrecoverable without deleting the mapping completely and recoding
      from scratch.

      Error:
      OWB oracle.wh.repos.sdk.expections.WBException: Internal Error:
      MappingGenerator.generate WBGeneratedObject[] is null or length 0
      for (object name)

      Have you seen this? Is there something that I am doing or not doing
      that causes this seemingly random error. Even deleting the
      offending mapping and reimporting the metadata will not fix the
      problem. The only work around that I have found is to blow the
      whole thing away and rebuild a new one from scratch.
    • kamal kamal
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2005
        try setting the loading properties of target table in the map again... this is a bug in OWB 9i. is it the version u r using?

        thanks
        kamal

        dfp1294 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        Using OWB 9.2

        Situation:

        Moving from development to production and then deploying, and
        sometimes in development when deploying.

        I get a RTC-5161 error, an oracle internal error that is thus far
        unrecoverable without deleting the mapping completely and recoding
        from scratch.

        Error:
        OWB oracle.wh.repos.sdk.expections.WBException: Internal Error:
        MappingGenerator.generate WBGeneratedObject[] is null or length 0
        for (object name)

        Have you seen this? Is there something that I am doing or not doing
        that causes this seemingly random error. Even deleting the
        offending mapping and reimporting the metadata will not fix the
        problem. The only work around that I have found is to blow the
        whole thing away and rebuild a new one from scratch.

        Join
        http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

        Oracle 10g Oracle database Oracle database administration Oracle database administrator Oracle database software Oracle database training

      • Sudipta Chatterjee
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 8, 2005
          I have seen this error happening when we deploy a
          mapping where you copy data from a char field into
          another whose length is set to 0. Double-check all the
          operators, especially those where you make explicit
          input or output attributes.

          Cheers!
          Sudipta

          --- kamal kamal <minimeu2003@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------
[...]

          Terms of Service.

          Join
          http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

          Oracle
          10g Oracle database
          Oracle database
          administration
          Oracle database administrator
          Oracle database
          software Oracle
          database training

          Terms of Service.

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Michel Boire
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 20, 2005
            Here is a proc that will fix your problem, BTW the
            problem you are experiencing is a a know bug to
            Oracle.

            --------------------
            CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE XXX_FIX_OWB_OWF IS
            v_reportOnly CHAR(5) := 'FALSE';
            -- If true, only reports about what it found and does
            not delete anything.

            -- Original file KillBug3421798v2.lemans.sql
            -- Delete CMPPhysicalObject instances including any
            owned properties ---- where there is more than one for
            an element.
            -- (Keep the original one.)
            -- Reports findings AND executes cleanup IN one pass
            -- Also deletes ANY child properies
            -- SET serveroutput ON (SQLPlus) OR ENABLE DBMS output
            IN other tool
            -- (e.g., TOAD) TO obtain report results.

            -- work vars
            fcoId NUMBER;
            isFirst CHAR(5);
            scoId NUMBER;
            delete_stmt VARCHAR2(100);
            reportOnly CHAR(5);

            -- Physical objects that have siblings (they should
            not)
            CURSOR c_fcoWithBadPhysObj IS
            SELECT FCO.elementId id, FCO.className CLASS, FCO.name
            name, COUNT(*)
            FROM FirstClassObject_v FCO, SecondClassObject_v SCO
            WHERE SCO.FIRSTCLASSOBJECT = FCO.elementId
            AND SCO.className = 'CMPPhysicalObject'
            GROUP BY FCO.elementId, FCO.className, FCO.name
            HAVING COUNT(*) > 1;

            -- Physical object(s) for a given element
            CURSOR c_childPhysObj(parentId NUMBER) IS
            SELECT elementId
            FROM CMPPhysicalObject_v
            WHERE logicalObject = parentId
            ORDER BY elementId;

            -- Owned (child) properties of a given physical object

            CURSOR c_childPropValue(propertyOwnerId NUMBER) IS
            SELECT elementId id, className CLASS, name,
            logicalName
            FROM cmppropertyvalue_v
            START WITH propertyowner = propertyOwnerId
            CONNECT BY PRIOR elementid = propertyowner;

            BEGIN
            reportOnly := v_reportOnly;
            SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE(20000);
            DBMS_OUTPUT.put_Line('KillBug3421798v2.lemans.sql
            reportOnly = '|| reportOnly);

            FOR c_fcoWithBadPhysObj_rec IN c_fcoWithBadPhysObj
            LOOP
            DBMS_OUTPUT.put_Line(' Processing: '||
            c_fcoWithBadPhysObj_rec.CLASS || '/'||
            TO_CHAR(c_fcoWithBadPhysObj_rec.id) || '/'||
            c_fcoWithBadPhysObj_rec.name );
            isFirst := 'TRUE';
            fcoId := c_fcoWithBadPhysObj_rec.id;

            FOR c_childPhysObj_rec IN c_childPhysObj(fcoId)
            LOOP
            DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('
            PhysicalObject:'||TO_CHAR(c_childPhysObj_rec.elementid)
            || ' isFirst(keep) = ' || isFirst);
            scoId := c_childPhysObj_rec.elementid;

            FOR c_childPropValue_rec IN
            c_childPropValue(scoId) LOOP
            DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line(' Property: '||
            c_childPropValue_rec.CLASS || '/'||
            TO_CHAR(c_childPropValue_rec.id) || '/' ||
            c_childPropValue_rec.name || '/' ||
            c_childPropValue_rec.logicalName);
            IF (NOT ((isFirst = 'TRUE') OR (reportOnly =
            'TRUE'))) THEN
            IF (c_childPropValue_rec.CLASS =
            'CMPCLOBPropertyValue') THEN
            DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line(' deleting
            lines of CLOB...');
            delete_stmt := 'delete from CMPWBLine_V
            where lineowner = :1';
            EXECUTE IMMEDIATE delete_stmt USING
            c_childPropValue_rec.id;
            END IF;

            DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line(' deleting
            property...');
            delete_stmt := 'delete from
            CMPPropertyValue_v where elementid =:1';
            EXECUTE IMMEDIATE delete_stmt USING
            c_childPropValue_rec.id;
            END IF;

            END LOOP; -- c_childPropValue_rec
            IF (NOT ((isFirst = 'TRUE') OR (reportOnly =
            'TRUE'))) THEN
            DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line(' deleting physical
            object...');
            delete_stmt := 'delete from
            CMPPhysicalObject_v where elementid =:1';
            EXECUTE IMMEDIATE delete_stmt USING scoId;
            END IF;
            isFirst := 'FALSE';
            END LOOP; -- c_childPhysObj_rec
            END LOOP; -- c_fcoWithBadPhysObj_rec

            DBMS_OUTPUT.put_Line('XXX_FIX_OWB_OWF reportOnly = '||
            TO_CHAR(reportOnly) || ' completed.');

            END XXX_FIX_OWB_OWF;

            Enjoy

            MB