Re:using time dimension

  • CRS
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4 9:53 PM
      Hi Folks....
      i have to use requested date, received date and
      trnsaction date as dimensions in a single fact...
      can we use single time dimension or else have to
      create seperate....??

      cheers
      shankar...

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • bahram amini
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4 10:56 PM
        Hi

        By the way, each of which you said are also times (requested, delivery, ...), you should use only a single Time Dimension and reletes to fact table(s) with surrogated keys .

        Good Luck

        CRS <shankarappa_cr@...> wrote:
        Hi Folks....
        i have to use requested date, received date and
        trnsaction date as dimensions in a single fact...
        can we use single time dimension or else have to
        create seperate....??

        cheers
        shankar...

        http://personals.yahoo.com

        Join
        http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      • Sudipta Chatterjee
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 11:11 PM
          Or rather, you could keep a "Time_Of_Event"
          dimension... and a single one only

          Cheers,
          Sudipta

          ---------------------------------

          CRS <shankarappa_cr@...> wrote:
          Hi Folks....
          i have to use requested date, received date and
          trnsaction date as dimensions in a single fact...
          can we use single time dimension or else have to
          create seperate....??

          cheers
          shankar...

          Yahoo! Personals - Better first dates. More second
          dates.
          http://personals.yahoo.com

          Join
          http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

          Terms of Service.

          Join
          http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

          Terms of Service.

        • tchampboston
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5 9:19 AM
            I think you'll want to consider using multiple foreign key references
            to the same dimension. The OWB name for this is using Dimension with
            "ROLES." There's even a way to do this dimensional reuse when
            exporting to discoverer if you like.

            --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, bahram amini