Re: [OracleWarehouseBuilder] Mapping with DATE ONLY format

  • Sudipta Chatterjee
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2005
      Hi,
      Are you sure you are not using the timestamp? And
      what is your output while debugging? Just the date?

      Sudipta

      --- angelo_cutolo <angelo_cutolo@...> wrote:
      ---------------------------------

      Hi everybody.
      I got such kind of problem using OWB 10g on Oracle DB
      9.2 :
      setting truncate constant operator on sysdate to
      populate with date
      only (no time) I found the complete datetime set in
      destination field.
      This appears wrong only in execution, not in debugging
      test, that's OK.
      Any suggestion?
      Thanks for your attention.
      Angelo.

      Join
      http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      Terms of Service.

    • angelo_cutolo
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2005
        Hi Sudipta!
        What you mean with timestamp? In Oracle dates are ALWAYS as timestamp.
        Functions like to_date, to_char - and the one I used in my mapping:
        truncate(sysdate) - let us display exact formats we need. In debugging
        (100 rows) I read just the date because the task writes correctly the
        float side of a sysdate as 0, I suppose...
        Further questions from you are welcome.
        Thank you Sudipta.

        Angelo.

        --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, Sudipta Chatterjee