Error when redeploying changed Objects

  • koenvanwaeyenbergh
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
      I work at a project in phase B where some of the objects (made in
      phase A which is already in production) have to be changed.

      Fortunately I have a complete testing environment to test my changes
      before deploying them to the production environment. It seems now
      that if I deploy several changed objects (tables, views, external
      tables) at the same time, I get errors. When I deploy them one by
      one, I don't have the errors. Strange, isn't it? New objects don't
      give any errors, only the already existing objects which have to be
      adapted.
      Mappings don't give errors, only the objects.

      Does any one know a solution for this? I have already changed a lot
      of objects and the operators in production really need a
      straightforward and easy way of making the changes (I do not have
      acces to the production site!!). So I should be ablo to deploy all
      objects at once without getting any errors...

      Any idea?

      Koen Van Waeyenbergh
    • sachin_garg
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2005
        Potentially, this could happen if there are dependencies between the
        objects that you are trying to redeploy. When you deploy them one by
        one, you must be taking care to deploy the upstream item before its
        dependents.

        IMHO, it is better to maintain the database objects outside of OWB,
        say thru DDL scripts. One can then write an OMB script to reconcile
        all the DB objects with the OWB repository.

        Regards
        -Sachin

        --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "koenvanwaeyenbergh"