Re: Install Error - INS0009

  • tchampboston
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
      --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "paul_2000_paul"
      <paul_2000_paul@y...> wrote:

      > I am trying to follow the install OWB 10g Relase 1 (10.0) for
      > Repository Assistant and getting message INS0009: Unable to connect
      > to database. Verify connection information. I am running this
      > install on windows client and pointing to a db on unix. I am able
      > connect via sqlplus.

      I typically use the "HOSTNAME" method when doing remote Repository
      Assistant work. I'd suggest you make sure and *not* use Oracle NAMING
      and use the hostname/port/service options when you can. Make sure you
      have the service correct:
      sometimes it is
      database_name
      other times it might be
      database_name.yourcompanyname.com

      Just to be sure... you are aware that the it is required to install
      OWB on the UNIX server as well (through OUI). You can't install OWB
      into a server which doesn't have OWB installed on.

      Check out my blog for some instructions on how to do a Runtime and
      Target schema installation:
      http://www.bayontechnologies.com/bt/blog/archives/
      2005/02/psoug_owb_lectu.php