Re: [OracleWarehouseBuilder] Error Deploying mappings.

  • Mukesh Harjai
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi,

      Try to configure the mapping, right click the mapping and select configre. Then click plus sign next to Sorce and target and click on the source table. Then specify the DB Link for the source in the Database link drop down.

      Hope it works.

      Regards,

      Sudipta Chatterjee <sudipta_cht@...> wrote:
      Scott,
      AFAIK, you will need to set the target tables to be
      created at least once while deploying. Check the
      deployment manager if you are actually doing that.

      Sudipta

      --- Scott Smith <scottsmith@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------

      Hello All,

      I am running OWB on my laptop so both my source and
      target are in the
      same instance. I have built a mapping and validated
      it and have made
      sure all of the tables that I plan on writing to and
      reading from are
      in the correct Schema's. Everytime I try to deploy
      something I get
      these two warnings:

      ORA-06550: line 12, column 18:
      PL/SQL: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

      ORA-06550: line 12, column 6:
      PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored

      I have seen on other lists that this has something to
      do with the
      target schema needing select priviledge to the source
      schema. But
      none of the solutions in the other schmema's seem to
      work.

      I am at a loss.

      Much thanks if anyone can point me in the write
      direction.

      -Scott

      Join
      http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      Terms of Service.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      Join
      http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Mobile : 09891092882
      email : harjai_mukesh@...

    • Scott Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
        That seemed to work, but I get all these warnings, I was wondering if
        someone might be able to explain them. As I am sure that you can
        probably tell, I am fairly new at OWB. I took Oracles class and I do
        not recall doing the steps described below, but I took the class a
        little while ago and I have probably forgotten.

        The warnings are:
        VLD-1124: Schema and/or Database link physical configuration
        parameters should not be set for STG_FSCL_CLNDR.
        -and-
        VLD-1124: Schema and/or Database link physical configuration
        parameters should not be set for STG_FSCL_CLNDR.

        I remember getting the second one in the class, but the first one is
        new to me. And I actually didn't put in the Database Link, just the
        schema name. It seems to me that this should be set somewhere else.

        If anyone could shed some light and/or point me to any good reference
        materials for OWB that would be great. I find the Oracle manuals iffy
        at best, the OTN doesn't seem to be much help. So far this list is
        the best I have found.

        Thanks.

        --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, Mukesh Harjai
        <harjai_mukesh@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Try to configure the mapping, right click the mapping and select
        configre. Then click plus sign next to Sorce and target and click on
        the source table. Then specify the DB Link for the source in the
        Database link drop down.

        > Hope it works.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Sudipta Chatterjee <sudipta_cht@y...> wrote:
        > Scott,
        > AFAIK, you will need to set the target tables to be
        > created at least once while deploying. Check the
        > deployment manager if you are actually doing that.
        >
        > Sudipta
        >
        > --- Scott Smith <scottsmith@s...> wrote:
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        >
        > Hello All,
        >
        > I am running OWB on my laptop so both my source and
        > target are in the
        > same instance. I have built a mapping and validated
        > it and have made
        > sure all of the tables that I plan on writing to and
        > reading from are
        > in the correct Schema's. Everytime I try to deploy
        > something I get
        > these two warnings:
        >
        > ORA-06550: line 12, column 18:
        > PL/SQL: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
        >
        > ORA-06550: line 12, column 6:
        > PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
        >
        > I have seen on other lists that this has something to
        > do with the
        > target schema needing select priviledge to the source
        > schema. But
        > none of the solutions in the other schmema's seem to
        > work.
        >
        > I am at a loss.
        >
        > Much thanks if anyone can point me in the write
        > direction.
        >
        > -Scott
        >

        > Join
        > http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        > Terms of Service.

        > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        >

        > Join
        > http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Service.

        > Mobile : 09891092882
        > email : harjai_mukesh@y...

      • Michel Boire
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2005
          1) If your source(s) & target(s) are located in the
          same database instance, You do not require database
          links not dblinks pointer in the configuration.

          2) If your source(s) and target(s) are in the same
          schema. You're fine.

          If they are not, your user needs grant select on the
          source schema object. I assume that your current
          schema is the same schema as your target object(s).

          MB

          Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!