History of Data Warhousing

  • Bahram Amini
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hi All

      I am looking for a brief "History of Data Warehousing and Decision
      Supposrt systems(DSS).
      Please help me if you know anything about.

      regards
    • Sreejayan Cheri
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
        Bahram,

        I think your best bet would be to read books by Bill Inmon or  Richard Kimball.  You can get lot of information on this topic...

        Regards,

        Sreejayan

        Bahram Amini <bahamini@...> wrote:

        Hi All

        I am looking for a brief "History of Data Warehousing and Decision
        Supposrt systems(DSS).
        Please help me if you know anything about.

        regards

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • sachin_garg
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
          Bahram,

          There's a great article that should fit the bill on inmoncif.com
          titled "The DSS Environment - Data Warehouse, Data Marts, And Data
          Mining: A Glimpse At The Past, A Peek At The Future".

          You may need to go thru a short registration procedure and browse
          into articles to get to this.

          Regards
          -Sachin

          --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "Bahram Amini"