Convert CLOB to BLOB

  • m arju
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2008
      Convert CLOB to BLOB

      I will write a procedure clob_blob_proc which convert description
      column of test table of type clob to blob. Here is the procedure.

      1)Create a Table with Clob Column:
      SQL> create table test(id number, description clob);

      Table created.

      2)Insert a Value in it:
      SQL> insert into test values(1,'Hi');

      1 row created.