Re: [OracleWarehouseBuilder] Re: Join Problem

  • kamal kamal
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2004
      hi

             we cannot join a flat file and a table in OWB directly.if you were to do that you should have an external table referencing the flat file and then join.becoz when you use a flat file OWB generates SQL*LDR scripts and when we use tables it uses PL/SQL and they cannot be merged in one map..

      hope this helps
      thanks
      kamal

      dieleichtemuh <andreas.dernbauer@...> wrote:
      Thank's a lot

      I'am new too but OWB is a funny thing :-)

      --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, dfp1294
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,  Since you are getting an invalid relational operator error, I
      am
      > thinking the problem may be in the operator.  I am just beginning
      > learn OWB, so only have ideas that you might could try.  IT seems
      > that you may either have a compatiblitiy issue (are the columns the
      > same type and does the data match) or the SQL may not able to
      compare
      > the values using the equal symbol.  Perhaps try the testing your
      SQL
      > outside of OWB and make sure the case statement works.  Using LIKE
      > instead of = could be one reason for having the problem.
      >
      > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "dieleichtemuh"
      > <andreas.dernbauer@c...> wrote:
      > > No the query is exactly what you see. Do you mean that I should
      use
      > > like instead of = ??
      > > thx
      > > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, dfp1294
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > Have you tried using the keyword LIKE instead of the = sign?
      > > >
      > > > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "dieleichtemuh"

      > > > COUNTRIES_STG.ISO_COU_ALPHA_TWO

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • ROTIMI ADEMOLA
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2004
        Hi,
        Why do want to do the following?
        If I get you right, you want to assign the
        COUNTRYIES_STG.CTRY_ISO based on a condition. A correct way
        to do it OWB is to use an expression operator. You will
        have to create a variable that will hold the
        COUNTRYIES_STG.CTRY_ISO. Then you can write you case
        statement and then assign as appropriate. I hope this
        helps.

        Cheers.

        =====
        Rotimi Ademola
        EDW Application Developer,
        MTN Nigeria Communications Limited,
        1st Floor, UBA Trustees Building
        22B Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island,
        Lagos Nigeria.
        Tel: 2348032004637

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail