Re: Join Problem

  • dieleichtemuh
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
      Thank's a lot

      I'am new too but OWB is a funny thing :-)

      --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, dfp1294
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hi, Since you are getting an invalid relational operator error, I
      am
      > thinking the problem may be in the operator. I am just beginning
      > learn OWB, so only have ideas that you might could try. IT seems
      > that you may either have a compatiblitiy issue (are the columns the
      > same type and does the data match) or the SQL may not able to
      compare
      > the values using the equal symbol. Perhaps try the testing your
      SQL
      > outside of OWB and make sure the case statement works. Using LIKE
      > instead of = could be one reason for having the problem.
      >
      > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "dieleichtemuh"
      > <andreas.dernbauer@c...> wrote:
      > > No the query is exactly what you see. Do you mean that I should
      use
      > > like instead of = ??
      > > thx
      > > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, dfp1294
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > Have you tried using the keyword LIKE instead of the = sign?
      > > >
      > > > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "dieleichtemuh"

      > > > COUNTRIES_STG.ISO_COU_ALPHA_TWO

    • kamal kamal
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2004
        hi

               we cannot join a flat file and a table in OWB directly.if you were to do that you should have an external table referencing the flat file and then join.becoz when you use a flat file OWB generates SQL*LDR scripts and when we use tables it uses PL/SQL and they cannot be merged in one map..

        hope this helps
        thanks
        kamal

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,  Since you are getting an invalid relational operator error, I
        am
        > thinking the problem may be in the operator.  I am just beginning
        > learn OWB, so only have ideas that you might could try.  IT seems
        > that you may either have a compatiblitiy issue (are the columns the
        > same type and does the data match) or the SQL may not able to
        compare
        > the values using the equal symbol.  Perhaps try the testing your
        SQL
        > outside of OWB and make sure the case statement works.  Using LIKE
        > instead of = could be one reason for having the problem.
        >
        > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "dieleichtemuh"
        > <andreas.dernbauer@c...> wrote:
        > > No the query is exactly what you see. Do you mean that I should
        use
        > > like instead of = ??
        > > thx
        > > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, dfp1294
        > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > > Have you tried using the keyword LIKE instead of the = sign?
        > > >
        > > > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "dieleichtemuh"

        > > > COUNTRIES_STG.ISO_COU_ALPHA_TWO

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • ROTIMI ADEMOLA
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2004
          Hi,
          Why do want to do the following?
          If I get you right, you want to assign the
          COUNTRYIES_STG.CTRY_ISO based on a condition. A correct way
          to do it OWB is to use an expression operator. You will
          have to create a variable that will hold the
          COUNTRYIES_STG.CTRY_ISO. Then you can write you case
          statement and then assign as appropriate. I hope this
          helps.

          Cheers.

          =====
          Rotimi Ademola
          EDW Application Developer,
          MTN Nigeria Communications Limited,
          1st Floor, UBA Trustees Building
          22B Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island,
          Lagos Nigeria.
          Tel: 2348032004637

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail