Deployment on a target schema

  • stevino67
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2003
      Hi everybody,
      I'm using OWB 9.0.4 to deliver in a production environment a set of
      ETL processes to daily manage a data warehouse.
      I've found the following OWB limitation when working with Oracle
      users and schemas.
      - during the design stage I can specify, for each source and target
      modules, the user, the password and the schema I want to access with
      the specified user (provided I've got the right grants) in the
      connection tab of the module properties.

      - in the deployment stage I must register the location related to my
      source and target modules. In the registration window, anyway, only
      the user and the password are requested, no schema information can be
      specified. Is it a known bug ? The online manual says that a "schema"
      inbox should be present in the window...
      Assuming that this piece of information (the schema) cannot be given
      at all, how can I deploy a mapping making use of database objects
      accessed in a different schema other than the one used to register
      the location used by the mapping ?
      Thanks in advance.

      Stefano ViganĂ²
    • Fahd Saeed
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2003
        Hi there,

        I have done this way too many times, Once you have indicated the module's connection and location tab than its set. During deployment you have to deploy the connector connecting the two locations. At that point it gives the schema window and asks the specifics about the target and source schema. I believe thats what you were expecting right?

        If you want to change to another schema target or source. than you have to change the module's properties. Create two new locations, change the module to use those locations or location. use the connection tab to create new dblinks or dblink. Make a new connector between the locations and redeploy this. Thats if you want to change the target or source or both. Is this what you were asking? Let me know if this helps or let me know what i can help answer. Take it easy

        Regards,
        Fahd
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor