How to do the conditional update on the target table???

  • skyfriend4u
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hi,

      We have a source table X and a target table Y.

      Source table X has two fields Firstname (Primary key) and Post code

      Target table Y has firstname (primary key), PostCode, and UpdateDate

      What I want to do is update records into Y, if postcode changes for
      an existing record (matching firstname between source and target).
      And also update the updatedate..

      If the postcode between source and target is the same for any
      records, then the record should not be updated and the updatedate
      should not be updated as well.

      IF the record does not exist in target, it should be inserted.

      Can anybody guide me on how to configure this? I don't know how to
      use expression builder..

      regards,
      Sunil
    • kamal kamal
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
        hi sunil

        right click on the target table on the map and thern click operator properties..and then change the load type to inset/update and then in the field match by constraints add the constraints that u want to do conditional update on...

        hope this helps
        kamal

        skyfriend4u <skyfriend4u@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        We have a source table X and a target table Y.

        Source table X has two fields Firstname (Primary key) and Post code

        Target table Y has firstname (primary key), PostCode, and UpdateDate

        What I want to do is update records into Y, if postcode changes for
        an existing record (matching firstname between source and target).
        And also update the updatedate..

        If the postcode between source and target is the same for any
        records, then the record should not be updated and the updatedate
        should not be updated as well.

        IF the record does not exist in target, it should be inserted.

        Can anybody guide me on how to configure this? I don't know how to
        use expression builder..

        regards,
        Sunil

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Patry
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2004
          HI,
          I`m new. i would like that help me... i`m doing the data flow in the mapping, but in the moment of load any measure, i don´t know how do it. i have certain measure such as: total desertion, total new, etc.
          i don´t know what condition have in the data source to load this measure.and either where have it, thus in this source i have: id_student, id_state(desertor, new, etc), id_program, id_matters, etc.. and table target i have: id_program_dim, id_matters_dim, id_student_dim, id_tiempo_dim, etc.

          thanks for all

          i hope write soon

          Marta Patricia
          Colombia