Re: OWB Runtime Assitant Problem (release 9.2)

  • ryevenes_2000
    Message 1 of 8 , May 28, 2004
      Friends,

      Thanks for all yor help, the problem is solved with the OWB10g
      version.

      Regards,
      Rodrigo

      --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "ryevenes_2000"
      <ryevenes@h...> wrote:
      > Thanks Hiranya, Roberto ...
      >
      > Roberto: I did modify the regional settings but this not work ...
      >
      > Hiranya: my oracle version is 9.2.0.1 and run on Windows 2000
      > Proffesional Edition. I did try to download the patch for upgrade
      > 9.2.0.4, but i don't have account for metalink site, and this site
      > requires CIS support ID ....
      >
      > you know another site for download the patch ??? ...
      >
      > thanks in advance ....
      >
      > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, hiranya_sen
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > Can u tell me the Oracle 9i version, if it is 9.2.0.1 then u
      have
      > > to upgrade the database to 9.2.0.4 before u install the OWB
      Runtime.
      > > There is a patch called Oracle 9.2.0.4 (about 250 MB) for this.U
      > can
      > > download it from Oracle site.
      > > I think this can be the problem.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Hiranya.
      > >

      > > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "robgof"
      > > <robgof@l...> wrote:
      > > > Try to modify the Regional Settings Language to English (United
      > > > States) on the OWB Client or on the Windows settings.
      > > >
      > > > ...maybe run!!
      > > >
      > > > Roberto.
      > > >

      > > > --- In OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com, "ryevenes_2000"

      > > > Repository

      > > > look

      > > > file: ../../rtasst/wb_rt_seed_service_nodes.sql
      > > > error
      > > > error
      (OCIDBAccess.java:2337)
      (OCIDBAccess.java:1744)
      > > > (OCIDBAccess.java:1905)
      > > oracle.ewt.timer.Timer.doRun
      > > > (Unknown

    • kamal kamal
      Message 2 of 8 , May 28, 2004
        hi saeed

        we can set trailing null columns while configuring the mapping for SQL loader.
        after the mapping is done
        go to the project and right clik on the map.
        then click configure
        then go to sources and targets at the bottom and then open sql loader properties and there u can set trailing null columns...

        hope this helps
        kamal

        Fahd Saeed <fsaeed@...> wrote:
        I'm loading some flat files using OWB9.2's Flat File Wizard. I'm looking
        at the ctl file it generates and it dosnt write TRAILING NULLCOLS and
        thus caused my map execution process to crash with the following error:

        Record 15: Rejected - Error on table "DUP"."PERSONADDRESS", column
        FILLER_PERSON_UNIT_NUMBER.
        Column not found before end of logical record (use TRAILING NULLCOLS)

        Below I have given two sample CTL files. One was written by me for
        SQLLOADER, the other was written using OWB's Flat File Wizard.

        My question is where in OWB's Flat File Wizard does it indicate to use
        TRAILING NULLCOLS like the above error suggest I do. I tried manually
        entering that line in the OWB generated CTL file but when I execute the
        map the CTL is generated again and it reverts back to the orignal file
        with that TRAILING NULLCOLS omission.

        Any help would be much appreciated. Also everyone enjoy your 3day
        weekend. Thanks in advance.

        -Fahd

        --======================================
        --MANUALLY WRITTEN CTL FILE FOR SQLLOADER
        --======================================

        LOAD DATA
        INFILE 'C:\DUPCHECK\Deschutes\Deschutes_20040113.txt'
        BADFILE 'C:\DUPCHECK\Deschutes\Deschutes_20040113.bad'
        DISCARDFILE 'C:\DUPCHECK\Deschutes\Deschutes_20040113.dsc'

        INSERT
        INTO TABLE "V_DESCHUTES"
        FIELDS TERMINATED BY X'9'
        TRAILING NULLCOLS
        (PERSONID,
        FIRSTNAME,
        MIDDLENAME,
        LASTNAME,
        SUFFIXNAME,
        DOB DATE "MM/DD/YYYY",
        RES_STREETNUM,
        RES_SUFFIXNUM,
        RES_PREDIR,
        RES_STREETNAME,
        RES_STREETTYPE,
        RES_POSTDIR,
        RES_UNITNUM,
        RES_UNITTYPE,
        RES_CITY,
        RES_ZIP,
        RES_ZIPPLUS,
        DIST1,
        DIST2,
        DIST3,
        DIST4,
        DIST5,
        DIST6,
        DIST7,
        DIST8,
        DIST9,
        DIST10,
        DIST11,
        DIST12,
        DIST13,
        DIST14,
        DIST15,
        DIST16,
        DIST17
        )
        --======================================
        --MANUALLY WRITTEN CTL FILE FOR SQLLOADER
        --======================================

        *****
        -- Oracle Warehouse Builder
        -- Generator Version : 9.2.0.2.8
        -- Created Date : Fri May 28 16:03:57 PDT 2004
        -- Modified Date : Fri May 28 16:03:57 PDT 2004
        -- Created By : repoass
        -- Modified By : repoass
        -- Generated Object Type : SQL*Loader Control File
        -- Generated Object Name : JUNE_GILLIAM_TST

        -- C 2003 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
        ****/

        OPTIONS ( ERRORS=50, BINDSIZE=50000, ROWS=200, READSIZE=65536)
        LOAD DATA
        CHARACTERSET WE8MSWIN1252
        INFILE 'D:\OCVR\JuneFlatFiles\gilliam_dup2.txt'
        INTO TABLE "DUP"."PERSONADDRESS"
        APPEND
        REENABLE DISABLED_CONSTRAINTS

        FIELDS
        TERMINATED BY X'09'
        OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'

        (
        "OLD_PERSON_ID" POSITION (1) CHAR ,
        "FIRSTNAME" CHAR ,
        "MIDDLENAME" CHAR ,
        "LASTNAME" CHAR ,
        "SUFFIXNAME" CHAR ,
        "BIRTHDATE" CHAR ,
        "REGDATE" CHAR ,
        FILLER_PERSON_STREET_NUMBER FILLER CHAR ,
        FILLER_PERSON_STREET_NUMBER_SFX FILLER CHAR ,
        FILLER_PERSON_PRE_DIRECTION FILLER CHAR ,
        FILLER_PERSON_NAME FILLER CHAR ,
        FILLER_PERSON_STREET_TYPE FILLER CHAR ,
        FILLER_PERSON_POST_DIRECTION FILLER CHAR ,
        FILLER_PERSON_UNIT_NUMBER FILLER CHAR ,
        FILLER_PERSON_UNIT_TYPE FILLER CHAR ,
        FILLER_City FILLER CHAR ,
        FILLER_ZIP_LEFT FILLER INTEGER EXTERNAL ,
        FILLER_ZIP_RIGHT FILLER CHAR ,
        FILLER_Precinct_# FILLER CHAR ,
        FILLER_DISTRICT_NUMBER FILLER CHAR ,
        "COUNTY_ID" CONSTANT 11,
        "NEW_PERSON_ID" EXPRESSION "DUP_VOTERID.NEXTVAL"
        )

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Fahd Saeed
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
          kamal, that worked great. Thanks for your help. =)

          fahd

          Fahd Saeed <fsaeed@...> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=1296o2s3b/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr