Re: [OracleWarehouseBuilder] Incremental insert and update using OWB

  • ROTIMI ADEMOLA
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2004
      What you asked is fairly simple using OWB. If you want
      incremental loads do the following:
      1. Identify the columns in the target that are the key
      columns you would ordinarily include in the where clause of
      an update statement.
      2. Go to the property sheet of the target table in the
      mapping. Select update/insert. also select "No constraints"
      in the use constraint(?) for the target table so OWB does
      not identify and enforce unique constraints when building
      the sql code.
      3. Go the property sheet of each of the column in the
      target table. For each of the last property, select Y for
      'include column when inserting', N for 'include column when
      updating' but make sure to select 'Y' to use column in
      update condition.
      These selections make OWB generate a merge statement on the
      columns you are configuring as use for condition when
      updating.
      You can also check the code afterwards to see that it
      actually generate a merge statement using the appropriate
      columns.
      I hope this answers your question.
      Cheers

      =====
      Rotimi Ademola
      EDW Application Developer,
      MTN Nigeria Communications Limited,
      1st Floor, UBA Trustees Building
      22B Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island,
      Lagos Nigeria.
      Tel: 2348032004637

    • Nitesh
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2004
        Hi Rotimi

        I had done exactly the same, but when i want to write the condition it allows me to select a field from target table only. To build a condition i need two fields one from soucre and one from target so that i can match them, if they are same then i need to update rest of the fields with new values in source, but on left panel i can see only target table and its field. How can i write the condition for update? Please help.

        Also i want to mention i am very thankful for all your help and support.

        Nitesh

        OracleWarehouseBuilder@yahoogroups.com wrote:

[...]

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/o7folB/TM

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Indiatimes Email now powered by APIC Advantage. Help!
        HelpClick on the image to chat with me