545Re: [OracleWarehouseBuilder] View Problem

  • seshpalli srinivas
    Mar 10, 2006
      In your case i think when you run deploy the map u should get some warnings saying Table or view does not exist. then in that case u need to give the select permission to the owb runtime repository
      GRANT SELECT permission to THE USER OWB RUNTIME REPOSITORY .

      Ravikumar Jonnalagadda <jrk_ravi@...> wrote:
      Hi Praveen,

      map is picking up the view from test_schema(source) only. Am able to import the definition of view, but when i ran the map, no records were inserted into the target table.

      I am able to select the records from the same view in OWb repository using the DBLINK..

      Do i need any previlages or grants ?
      awaiting reply

      Thanks
      Ravi Kumar J
      praveen gowdar <praveen_gowdar@...> wrote:
      You need to tell th emap where to pick the view from.
      In the configuration you need to set the schema and db link information.

      Regards,
      Praveen.

      Ravikumar Jonnalagadda <jrk_ravi@...> wrote:
      Hi All

      I am having aproblem with OWB now . please respond ASAP.
      I ahve some VIews in Schema called test_schema
      In order to import those views into OWB i have created a DB link.
      using DB link I am able to import the view to Source Module of OWB.
      i have create a simple map .. that is one to one map that pulls the data from the view to staging table.
      when i ran the map (Execute) it is showing 0 records are inserted into staging table .
      i went to OWB repository and checked with the same dblink i have created in OWB.That is selecting all the rows of the same view. But when i ran the map it is showing that 0 records were inserted.
      so am unable to creck it . if u know ,,,please help me as early as possible

      Thanks and regards
      Ravi

      REGARDS,
      RAVI KUMAR J,
      SOFTWARE ENGINEER,
      BODHTREE CONSULTING LTD,
      HYDERABAD VOICE: +91(40)5526-5570~74
      MOBILE : +91 98485 12408
      EMAIL : rjonnalgadda@...

      Join
      http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Datawarehouse

      Oracle 10g Oracle database Oracle 8i database Oracle database administration Oracle database administrator Oracle database software