148Re: [OracleWarehouseBuilder] How to do the conditional update on the target table???

  • kamal kamal
    Jul 2, 2004
      hi sunil

      right click on the target table on the map and thern click operator properties..and then change the load type to inset/update and then in the field match by constraints add the constraints that u want to do conditional update on...

      hope this helps
      kamal

      skyfriend4u <skyfriend4u@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      We have a source table X and a target table Y.

      Source table X has two fields Firstname (Primary key) and Post code

      Target table Y has firstname (primary key), PostCode, and UpdateDate

      What I want to do is update records into Y, if postcode changes for
      an existing record (matching firstname between source and target).
      And also update the updatedate..

      If the postcode between source and target is the same for any
      records, then the record should not be updated and the updatedate
      should not be updated as well.

      IF the record does not exist in target, it should be inserted.

      Can anybody guide me on how to configure this? I don't know how to
      use expression builder..

      regards,
      Sunil

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT