Immigration Port

  • Jerri Huston
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
      Mark, here is the port info I have on my ancestor Lorenz Reuter.

      He sailed from Le Havre, France to New York, New York  on the ship Xylon in 1838.

      His daughter Elizabeth married Wilhelm Heinrich Schoenlein in Meigs Co., OH.

      Lorenz Reuter is the gr gr grandfather of Myrna Bair & he is my gr gr gr grandfather.

      Jerri Huston
    • Seites1@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 20, 2013
        Mark Meinhart Meigs Ohio posted Oppau emigration list that was a great
        assist to me.
        However other members of this family are not included.
        how available is emigration list and available records for
        determination of family left behind or previous ancestry.
        This ship arrival list is provided for information,
        Frederick and Nicholas stated Oppau as place of birth on their Civil
        War records, Anna Marie stated Oppau as place of birth in her 1913
        obituary. Valentine was on emigration list for1847 to Pennsylvania.
        This family lived Lancaster, PA 1847 to 1853and then on to St. Clair
        County, IL and Allen County, IN.

        This is the origin of family into USA.
        Database: New York, 1820-1850 Passenger and Immigration List:
        Name Arrival Date Age Gender Port of Departure Place of Origin Ship

        Anna Maria Seitz Dec 1, 1847 9 F London Deutschland Westminster
        Frederick Seitz Dec 1, 1847 5 M London Deutschland Westminster
        John Seitz Dec 1, 1847 21 M London Deutschland Westminster
        Nicholas Seitz Dec 1, 1847 7 M London Deutschland Westminster
        Sophie Seitz Dec 1, 1847 45 F London Deutschland Westminster
        Valintine Seitz Dec 1, 1847 18 M London Deutschland Westminster
        Source Information:
        Ancestry.com. New York, 1820-1850 Passenger and Immigration Lists
        [database online]. Provo, Utah: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2003. Original
        data: New York. Registers of Vessels Arriving at the Port of New
        York from Foreign Ports, 1789-1919. Micropublication M237, rolls # 1-
        95. National Archives

        .