Re: [Oppau] Immigration Port

  • Myrna Bair
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
      To Mark and Jerri:

      A just FYI. During the time frame when Margaret arrived, there were no official records on boats that came into Baltimore. I had to go to Anapolis and look thru microfilm to find these. Some recent German arrival, went down to meet the ships and kept a hand written account of who was on board. This was why it was so difficult to find. Margaret was listed "mit kindern," but no names.

      Myrna

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
        Thanks Myrna,  I had forgotten where you told me you had found the info on Margarethe Schoenlein.
        She is your gr gr grandmother & my gr gr gr grandmother.
        Thanks for all the research you have done on the Schoenlein family.

        Jerri
      • Jerri Huston
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
          Mark, here is the port info I have on my ancestor Lorenz Reuter.

          He sailed from Le Havre, France to New York, New York  on the ship Xylon in 1838.

          His daughter Elizabeth married Wilhelm Heinrich Schoenlein in Meigs Co., OH.

          Lorenz Reuter is the gr gr grandfather of Myrna Bair & he is my gr gr gr grandfather.

          Jerri Huston
        • Seites1@...
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 20, 2013
            Mark Meinhart Meigs Ohio posted Oppau emigration list that was a great
            assist to me.
            However other members of this family are not included.
            how available is emigration list and available records for
            determination of family left behind or previous ancestry.
            This ship arrival list is provided for information,
            Frederick and Nicholas stated Oppau as place of birth on their Civil
            War records, Anna Marie stated Oppau as place of birth in her 1913
            obituary. Valentine was on emigration list for1847 to Pennsylvania.
            This family lived Lancaster, PA 1847 to 1853and then on to St. Clair
            County, IL and Allen County, IN.

            This is the origin of family into USA.
            Database: New York, 1820-1850 Passenger and Immigration List:
            Name Arrival Date Age Gender Port of Departure Place of Origin Ship

            Anna Maria Seitz Dec 1, 1847 9 F London Deutschland Westminster
            Frederick Seitz Dec 1, 1847 5 M London Deutschland Westminster
            John Seitz Dec 1, 1847 21 M London Deutschland Westminster
            Nicholas Seitz Dec 1, 1847 7 M London Deutschland Westminster
            Sophie Seitz Dec 1, 1847 45 F London Deutschland Westminster
            Valintine Seitz Dec 1, 1847 18 M London Deutschland Westminster
            Source Information:
            Ancestry.com. New York, 1820-1850 Passenger and Immigration Lists
            [database online]. Provo, Utah: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2003. Original
            data: New York. Registers of Vessels Arriving at the Port of New
            York from Foreign Ports, 1789-1919. Micropublication M237, rolls # 1-
            95. National Archives

            .