Immigration Port

  • meinhartstock
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2013
      I am hoping a few of you will respond to this.

      Especially the ones with Meigs County connections.

      What port did your ancestor come to from Germany?

      Also, if you know the ship, where did it come from in Germany, like Bremen, I assume.

      Thanks for the response.
    • Jerri Huston
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2013
        Hi Mark, here is the info I have on my ancestor Margarethe Schoenlein.

        She sailed from Breman to Baltimore on the ship ADMIRAL in 1856 with her 4 children.

        Her son Wilhelm Heinrich Schoenlein is my gr gr grandfather.
        Is this the info you wanted?

        Jerri Huston
      • Myrna Bair
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
          To Mark and Jerri:

          A just FYI. During the time frame when Margaret arrived, there were no official records on boats that came into Baltimore. I had to go to Anapolis and look thru microfilm to find these. Some recent German arrival, went down to meet the ships and kept a hand written account of who was on board. This was why it was so difficult to find. Margaret was listed "mit kindern," but no names.

          Myrna

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
            Thanks Myrna,  I had forgotten where you told me you had found the info on Margarethe Schoenlein.
            She is your gr gr grandmother & my gr gr gr grandmother.
            Thanks for all the research you have done on the Schoenlein family.

            Jerri
          • Jerri Huston
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
              Mark, here is the port info I have on my ancestor Lorenz Reuter.

              He sailed from Le Havre, France to New York, New York  on the ship Xylon in 1838.

              His daughter Elizabeth married Wilhelm Heinrich Schoenlein in Meigs Co., OH.

              Lorenz Reuter is the gr gr grandfather of Myrna Bair & he is my gr gr gr grandfather.

              Jerri Huston
            • Seites1@...
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 20, 2013
                Mark Meinhart Meigs Ohio posted Oppau emigration list that was a great
                assist to me.
                However other members of this family are not included.
                how available is emigration list and available records for
                determination of family left behind or previous ancestry.
                This ship arrival list is provided for information,
                Frederick and Nicholas stated Oppau as place of birth on their Civil
                War records, Anna Marie stated Oppau as place of birth in her 1913
                obituary. Valentine was on emigration list for1847 to Pennsylvania.
                This family lived Lancaster, PA 1847 to 1853and then on to St. Clair
                County, IL and Allen County, IN.

                This is the origin of family into USA.
                Database: New York, 1820-1850 Passenger and Immigration List:
                Name Arrival Date Age Gender Port of Departure Place of Origin Ship

                Anna Maria Seitz Dec 1, 1847 9 F London Deutschland Westminster
                Frederick Seitz Dec 1, 1847 5 M London Deutschland Westminster
                John Seitz Dec 1, 1847 21 M London Deutschland Westminster
                Nicholas Seitz Dec 1, 1847 7 M London Deutschland Westminster
                Sophie Seitz Dec 1, 1847 45 F London Deutschland Westminster
                Valintine Seitz Dec 1, 1847 18 M London Deutschland Westminster
                Source Information:
                Ancestry.com. New York, 1820-1850 Passenger and Immigration Lists
                [database online]. Provo, Utah: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2003. Original
                data: New York. Registers of Vessels Arriving at the Port of New
                York from Foreign Ports, 1789-1919. Micropublication M237, rolls # 1-
                95. National Archives

                .