Oppau/Edigheim Book by Oskar Poller

  • meinhartstock
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2003
      I received the below and forwarding it to the Oppau Group my comments
      below, also

      -------------

      From: "Carol Langenfeld" <clangenf@...>
      To: "'meinhartstock'" <meinhartstock@...>
      Subject: We're Done- What do we do now
      Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 11:31:13 -0400

      Sometime and I underline sometime I would love to translate the intro
      to the book by Oskar Poller. It has so much information for anyone
      with Oppau relative. I love it! Just wish it was in English

      For anyone who does not know this book it is Zur Geschictre der Stadt
      Ludwigshafen am Rhein: Die Einwohner von Oppau und Edigheim 1480 -
      1813 It has families listed with marriage birth and christianing
      dates. It is a wealth of info for someone who wants to trace back
      relatives a few more generations. It has over 3500 family listings
      alphabetical by last name. I think Mark knew someone who had copies
      reprinted awhile back and I ordered it "just for the heck of it"

      Everyone have a good day. Carol Jones Langenfeld

      -----------------

      I have never copied or interpreted the book Carol is describing. It
      is a great book and they have a lot more genealogy books. I have
      interpreted the symbols/language for, birth, death, christianing,
      marriages, etc for the book. Even though the book is in German I
      feel it is very easy to follow even through I do not know German.
      You can order this book with postage for under $50 along with other
      books for about the same price at:

      http://www.prfk.de/

      As I have mentioned not to long ago.

      Thanks - Carol