Welcome to Oppau/Edigheim Listserve

  • Mark Meinhart
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2001

      Oppau Listservers,

        I decided to do this listserve, just because of the information I have
      on these two towns.  Some of the information came from some of you.
      I don't want this to be one way conversation, if you joined the list
      you know something about the towns, share it with the listserve.  In the
      long run I am sure we can learn more.  If there is anyone from Germany
      and/or Oppau, would love to hear from you and what you know.  I did
      invite some researchers from Germany, but don't think any have joined.
      There are about 50 of you on this listserve at this time.

        I also chose this Yahoo Email Groups for a few reasons.  I like the
      way it is set up, as far as, being a listserve manager.  It tells me more
      about who/when etc is signed up.  It also allows me, and I think you to
      upload pictures so others can see them.  I do have a few pictures of
      Oppau to share.  Also, I didn't what to compete against the Pfalz listserve
      on rootsweb that has been existance for a while.

        I think the first thing I will do, which is unique to Yahoo, is a poll.
      You can start your own polls at any time, also.   I would like to know
      who has the Oppau/Edigheim books by Oscar Poller from 1983.  I will also
      start one to see who has a Meigs County, Ohio CD with a lot of my Oppau
      information on it.  I do see a lot of email addresses I am not familiar
      with.

        Please all of you take time and introduce yourself.  Why you are interested
      in Oppau/Edigheim.  Lets keep this listserve friendly and active.  If you
      are going to wait for me to post, that's find, but it may be a very repetitive
      from the Meigs Listserve that I host.  I've known some of you for 3 or 4 years
      through my genealogy experiences.  I know some of you have made trips to
      Oppau, would love to hear what you know and found out.

        This may be slow to start, but until I know what you know, what you are
      looking for, etc.  I have some ideas, but I'm sure you have a few too.
      At any point you want to switch to a Daily Digest, ask me, and I will switch
      you.  I don't think this list will be that busy, maybe in the beginning,
      we'll see.

        Take time and post,

        Mark Meinhart (Oppau Listserve Coordinator)

      PS: I will be posting my personal interest/names in a day or so.

      Do You Yahoo!?
      Find a job, post your resume on Yahoo! Careers.
    • gayann and ronnie
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2001
        If the Daily Digest, mentioned below, would make these emails on Oppau come in one daily email, I'd like to have that.  If it is not possible that's okay.  Thanks, Mark.  There's no need for you to respond to this as I know you are a very busy man.  Gayann Clay
[...]

        Please save this message for future reference

      • sinksgen6464@cs.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2001
          Hello,
           My name is Deanna Sinks and my German names are Ihle, Hobstetter and Sinks(Zinks).  Thanks Mark for taking the time to sign me up.  This is the first time I have had 2 minutes to check my e-mail.

          Deanna