583Fw: Re: [Oppau] German and Oppau Cemeteries

  • Mark Meinhart
    Mar 10, 2009

      --- On Tue, 3/10/09, GundR.Reuther@... <GundR.Reuther@...> wrote:

      From: GundR.Reuther@... <GundR.Reuther@...>
      Subject: Re: [Oppau] German and Oppau Cemeteries
      To: "Mark Meinhart" <meinhartstock@...>
      Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2009, 2:16 PM

      Hallo,
      gravestones in Germany are removed even after 20 oder 25 years already. You have to pay again for the next decade. Often relatives don't keep them any longer, if they live far away and you are expected to take care of the graves. You have to plant flowers etc. In villages you have to do it in a very correct form; it can be a great problem for the descendants. Either you have to go there at least in spring and autumn (and what is during hot periods?) or you have to pay very much money for gardeners.

      Today I had a problem with a mail from Oppau group concerning the Reuter-familiy. I couldn't open the picture or what was it else. (zip) Can you help me?

      Rosl