OpenMED Archive

  • Naina Pandita
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2006
      The National Informatics Centre (NIC), India launched an international
      open acess Archive, OpenMED@NIC (http://openmed.nic.in) in May 2005.
      OpenMED@NIC is an open access archive for Medical and Allied Sciences.
      Here authors / owners can self-archive their scientific and technical
      documents. The Archive currently has over 1100 publications from 1952
      onwards plus it has the 1st issue (Dec. 1973) of Indian Journal of
      Tuberculosis.

      Naina Pandita
    • Naina Pandita
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
        Dear Friends,

        We are happy to inform you that the OpenMED Archive
        (http://openmed.nic.in) is serving as a
        respository for the following institutions and journals. The
        items submitted are being classified as per the keywords assigned:

        1. National Tuberculosis Institute
        2. Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
        3. Anatolian Journal of Psychiatry
        4. Archives of Medical Science
        5. Calicut Medical Journal
        6. Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal
        7. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis
        8. JK Science
        9. Journal of Indian Association for Child and Adolescent Mental
        Health
        10. Online Journal of Health and Allied Sciences

        We invite other medical and related subjects journals to use this
        facility.

        Regards,

        Naina Pandita
        Scientist "F",
        Indian MEDLARS Centre
        National Informatics Centre,
        A-Block, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
        New Delhi 110003
        India
      • Naina Pandita
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2008
          Dear Members,

          OpenMED Archive (http://openmed.nic.in) was launched in 2005 and since
          then we have over 1100 registered members and it is being used by
          medical professionals to archive their publications. This now happens
          to be the only archive in the world in the area of medical/biomedical
          sciences and the only one that uses Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
          for keywords. The Indian Journal of Tuberculosis is available from
          December 1953 and again this is the 1st archive that has publications
          from 1952! Please feel free to browse through the contents and add
          your publications in the archive to enable access to health
          information to all.

          Regards,

          Naina Pandita
          National Informatics Centre