Re: -sh: ipkg: not found

  • palmeteer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2007
      Did you set your path correctly? You need to manually set the path so
      that your system can find the files. Like this:

      export PATH=$PATH:/opt/bin:

      this adds the dir to your path
      this only works as long as you are logged in
      if you wan't it to be persistent you need to add that line to
      /root/.profile

      --- In OpenTurbostation@yahoogroups.com, "jasoncraneuk"
      <jasoncraneuk@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > I've managed to install ipkg from the instructions in the group, but
      > when I try to run ipkg I get "-sh: ipkg: not found". I'm a bit of a
      > noob with linux, so I'm not exactly sure as to what its telling me is
      > missing. If I do ls -l the ipkg is defiantly there with execute
      > permissions so I guess its not that.
      >
      > TIA

    • boriswilhelms
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2007
        Hi,

        I have the same problem. I installed ipkg by using http://ipkg.nslu2-
        linux.org/feeds/optware/ds101g/cross/stable/ipkg-opt_0.99.163-
        9_powerpc.ipk for my QNAP TS-201 (since the ipkg-opt package is not
        availabe in the TS-101 feed, i tired this).

        Now, when i try to run ipkg i only get "-sh: ipkg: not found"

        These are the steps i made:

        [/] # cd opt
        [/mnt/HDA_ROOT/opt] # cd bin
        [/mnt/HDA_ROOT/opt/bin] # ls -l
        -rwxr-xr-x 1 administ administ 8416 Dec 18 23:15 ipkg
        lrwxrwxrwx 1 administ administ 4 Dec 28 22:05 ipkg-opt ->
        ipkg
        -rwxr-xr-x 1 administ administ 4248 Dec 18 23:15 update-
        alternatives
        [/mnt/HDA_ROOT/opt/bin] # ./ipkg
        -sh: ./ipkg: not found

        Anyone can help with this?

        Regards
        Boris

        --- In OpenTurbostation@yahoogroups.com, "palmeteer" <palmeteer@...>
        wrote:

        > Did you set your path correctly? You need to manually set the path
        so
        > that your system can find the files. Like this:
        >
        > export PATH=$PATH:/opt/bin:
        >
        > this adds the dir to your path
        > this only works as long as you are logged in
        > if you wan't it to be persistent you need to add that line to
        > /root/.profile
        >

        > --- In OpenTurbostation@yahoogroups.com, "jasoncraneuk"
        > <jasoncraneuk@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello
        > >
        > > I've managed to install ipkg from the instructions in the group,
        but
        > > when I try to run ipkg I get "-sh: ipkg: not found". I'm a bit of
        > > noob with linux, so I'm not exactly sure as to what its telling
        me is
        > > missing. If I do ls -l the ipkg is defiantly there with execute
        > > permissions so I guess its not that.
        > >
        > > TIA

      • Brian Zhou
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 29, 2007
          During the last rsync update for some reason ipkg-opt.ipk got deleted.
          Since the libstdc++ problem is not solved and we are short on space,
          the ts101 feed build has been stopped. For the time being, use the
          following

          http://www.mediamax.com/bzhou/Hosted/optware/ts101/ipkg-opt_0.99.163-9_powerpc.ipk

          from my local build.

          -Brian Zhou