New Firmware - Has hit Qnap FTP server

  • cactus76_uk
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2006
      TS-101_20061226-2.0.0.img

      is the image name. So that's V2.0. I am about to install it.
    • Marc Lawrence
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
        Yeah I downloaded it yesterday - but not had time to play as I dont want it
        to kill root access... ;-)

        I had a private email from someone saying it apparently resolves problems
        with using Twonky media / UPnP and XBox 360.... this was not fixed in 1.3.0.

        Marc
      • Øyvind Repvik
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
          Marc Lawrence wrote:
          > Yeah I downloaded it yesterday - but not had time to play as I dont want it
          > to kill root access... ;-)
          >
          > I had a private email from someone saying it apparently resolves problems
          > with using Twonky media / UPnP and XBox 360.... this was not fixed in 1.3.0.
          >
          > Marc
          (It also fixes using the Download station with linux/firefox)

          Anyone tested if this build has telnet on port 13131? I've had 2.0.0 for
          a while with telnet enabled. But there might've been changes between my
          build and the released version.

          I see the new sources haven't been released yet :-\

          Øyvind
        • cactus76_uk
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
            ftp.qnap.com.tw

            No noticable changes as yet.

            --- In OpenTurbostation@yahoogroups.com, "Carlo" <chrisfinger@...>
            wrote:

            > what's the ftp address?
            > any experience with the new firmware yet? does it make sense to
            upgrade?
            > thank you!
            > c.
            >
            > --- In OpenTurbostation@yahoogroups.com, "cactus76_uk" <roy@> wrote:
            > >
            > > TS-101_20061226-2.0.0.img
            > >
            > > is the image name. So that's V2.0. I am about to install it.

          • lexfordparc
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
              I have just updated my system from 1.3.0 to the new version 2.0.0 and
              all seems fine.

              Past firmware details:
              version 1.3.0 build 1025T

              New firmware details:
              Version 2.0.0 build 1226T

              First thing I noticed was the admin page now allows for SSL connection
              (nice!). Can't see many other changes from my cursory glance.

              New features in 1.3.0 that are still there:
              Network recycle bin (wish that was there six months ago)
              Dynamic DNS
              Time server synchronisiation
              iTunes server
            • Amaro Farinha
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006

                Yes it has telnet on 13131.

                I’ve install it to resolve Twonky upnp with Xbox 360. It comes with Twonky server version 4.2Q witch works perfect now with my xbox 360.

                Download station is also improved. It allows to add a generic ftp/http download task with our  without authentication.

                It’s working nice with my setup.

                Best regards,

                Amaro

                Enviada: sexta-feira, 29 de Dezembro de 2006 9:54
                Para: OpenTurbostation@yahoogroups.com
                Assunto: Re: [OpenTurbostation] Re:New Firmware - Has hit Qnap FTP server

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
                  cactus76_uk wrote:
                  > ftp.qnap.com.tw

                  I just get a completely empty ftp-server when connecting to that
                  address. Did you use a username/password, or have they removed the firmware?

                  Regards,
                  Øyvind Repvik