Re: Missing Link listserv

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
      --- In OnlineAlpha@y..., Jenny Lobb <lobbj@g...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm wondering if anyone knows what happened to the Missing Link
      > listserv. I subscribed to read it at the web and every now and
      then
      > would go in and check it. It now no longer seems to be around.
      Does
      > anyone know what happened to it? Was there any notice of why it
      went
      > belly up?
      >
      > Also, any idea what happened to the club fanzines? I ordered mine
      awhile
      > back and never heard anything more.
      >
      > Does anyone have a current email for Nigel Webster?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Jenny
      > lobbj@g...

      Jenny:

      I joined ML (mailing list) at the tail end - from what I understand
      Nige became sick and was unable to continue the mailing list and
      disbanded the club. Supposedly, those who gave money would receive
      their money back. He claimed to have sent out the first fanzine -
      though from what I gathered, few people received it.

      He did mention that he was closing the Yahoo!Groups list that you
      refer to - I was thinking there was some more time left, but now
      that you mention it, I think Oct 31 was the deadline. A few people
      publically pleaded with him to allow someone else to take over the
      list, but apparently that plea fell on deaf ears.

      Anthony