Re: [OnlineAlpha] Re: science fiction remakes

  • Jonathan
    Message 1 of 146 , Jan 20, 2010
      I take it that's a Canadian, talking...
      Jonathan Michael Reiter
      jmr
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: richard650304
      To: OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 5:26 AM
      Subject: [OnlineAlpha] Re: science fiction remakes

      --- In OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com, "David Sobral" <dsobral@...> wrote:

      > Well, THAT's the problem. Most of them DO finish school. Thing is, "learning" is made so easy for them, via computers & whatnot, that what they are NOT taught (but SHOULD be) is "how" to use the brains they were given, cuz the computer does the thinking for them. I don't think I know of one who knows how to spell "dictionary", let alone use one...

      We had a new Prime Minister in 1997 talking of 'education' and all they've done since is lower the bar so more people pass, giving only te impression of more success. Employers complain that youngsters are not equipped for employment. I don't normally like conspiracy theories but this suggests a government that doesn't want people to think for themselves. If anyone's ever seen 'The General' episode of the Prisoner, that's it in a nutshell. People may know 'when' and 'who' but not 'why'.

    • Jonathan
      Message 146 of 146 , Jan 20, 2010
        Okay... I'm from Saskatchewan, in Canada...
        Saskatoon, to be exact.
        Jonathan Michael Reiter
        jmr