Year Two book on ebay

  • adl30uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2009
      Hi, i posted a while back saying i had a Year Two book for sale on ebay, unfortunately due to someone bidding on the item but not actually having the money to pay for it!!! I'm having to relist it so if anyone's interested here's the link...

      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230370256635&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

      Happy bidding
    • Chip Bell
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
        My sister got me the Space 1999 novel The Forsaken that I had read about on here for my birthday. I did enjoy the novel the horse spiders were pretty cool they even whinnied but apparently did not otherwise resemble horses. The story was intriguing as well the planed the aliens the coded message using music, I read a Star Trek novel that had aliens like that in it once a long time ago. Unfortunatly it does have the stench of year two on it. Why the obsession with reconciling year one and year two by filling in events I don't know even the audio drama that was mentioned on hear a while back did it much to my regret. Other wise it's a cool novel but in the future I will be on the look out for any year two material when I buy an s 99 book.

        Another thing I don't really dig is the attempt to be dramatic by being "dark " or having the characters fighting among themselves etc I can't root for a bunch of bumbling buffoons I like to see peopel that stand up tall and act responsably like the good guys are supposed to other wise ,to me it just makes an obnoxious read. I like adventure and by adventure I don't mean sword fights I mean scientific adventures. One of my favorite shows despite it being year two is space warp where they salvaged the derelict alien ship towing it back to alpha with a refueling eagle! I loved that can you just imagine the alphens going through that ship, leaning all the technology maybe even restoring it to use and using it as a long range patrol ship out in front of the moon to see what's ahead how cool is that?