Re: SPACE:1999 - Year 2 - Remastered by Network

  • Darrell
    Message 1 of 23 , May 24, 2007
      Yes, I have to agree, the season 1 Network editions are truly
      gorgeous to look at (and listen to), especially when compared to the
      A&E versions (I have both). Despite the price, and despite the fact I
      obviously already have them, I will certainly try to get Season 2
      from Network as I'm too much of a perfectionist when it comes to my
      favourite TV shows (Space:1999 being up there with the best of 'em).
      Probably won't get much for selling my A&E versions on eBay though to
      help fund any new purchase...

      Daz

      --- In OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com, richard curzon
      <hammeramicus2002@...> wrote:

      > The A&E set uses old masters that are very inferior. The new
      restorations are absolutly stunning. No zoom-boxing, 5.1 sound,
      razorsharp image, great robust colours....I could go on and on.

      > Rick
      >
      > Edwin Powell <edhagrid@...> wrote:
      > I'm with you. The A&E Megaset may have its shortcomings,
      but it's
      > quite watchable and any new version is going to have to offer a
      > significant value add proposition to be worthwhile.
      >
      > Re: SPACE:1999 - Year 2 - Remastered by Network
      >
      > Posted by: "Mike" cellojammer@... cellojammer
      >
      > Tue May 22, 2007 9:30 pm (PST)
      >
      > --- In OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com, ekmar.brand@ wrote:
      > >
      > > SPACE:1999 - Year 2 (Box Set) (DVD) / Release: 10th Sep 2007
      > >
      > > http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7001000135933
      > >

      > Yikes. Having bought the entire series on DVD already, I can ill
      > afford to do it yet again.
      >
      > Mike

    • Robert C. Gilbert
      Message 2 of 23 , May 24, 2007
        Mike wrote:
        > Understood. My point is that I've bought these episodes already and am
        > not willing to buy them AGAIN regardless of the improvements made. I'm
        > sure they're terrific, but I've got better things to do with my money.

        Like New Sellos?

        --
        Robert C. Gilbert / Tyler Ross @ Omni.Media Technical Services
        Phone: (306) 873-5986 email: gilbert.omnitech@...
        Message 3 of 23 , May 24, 2007
          WORD!

          Mike <cellojammer@...> wrote: --- In OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com, ekmar.brand@... wrote:

          > We are not speaking about the A&E US DVDs, we are speaking about the
          remastered Network UK DVDs...

          > Ekmar

          Understood. My point is that I've bought these episodes already and am
          not willing to buy them AGAIN regardless of the improvements made. I'm
          sure they're terrific, but I've got better things to do with my money.

          Mike

          All wish to possess knowledge, but few, comparatively speaking, are willing to pay the price. If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.

          “Sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windshield.” -JR Ewing

          "Our brains are such incredible instruments. Just think what we might be able to achieve if we knew how to use them to their fullest potential." Dr. Helena Russell- Space; 1999 s2 Ep. 19 The Lambda Factor

        • richard curzon
          Message 4 of 23 , May 24, 2007
            Yes - the 2005 Network Season 1 release. I believe
            the Season 2 issue die in September will be of
            comparable quality. Lets hope we get some juicy
            extras!

            Rick

            --- ekmar.brand@... wrote:

            > We are not speaking about the A&E US DVDs, we are
            > speaking about the remastered Network UK DVDs...
            >
            > Ekmar
            >

            > "richard curzon" <hammeramicus2002@...>
            > schrieb:
            > > The A&E set uses old masters that are very
            > inferior. The new restorations are absolutly
            > stunning. No zoom-boxing, 5.1 sound, razorsharp
            > image, great robust colours....I could go on and on.
            > >
            > > Rick
            > >
            > > Edwin Powell <edhagrid@...> wrote:
            > > I'm with you. The A&E Megaset may have
            > its shortcomings, but it's
            > > quite watchable and any new version is going to
            > have to offer a
            > > significant value add proposition to be
            > worthwhile.
            > >
            > > Re: SPACE:1999 - Year 2 - Remastered by Network
            > >
            > > Posted by: "Mike" cellojammer@...
            > cellojammer
            > >
            > > Tue May 22, 2007 9:30 pm (PST)
            > >
            > > --- In OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com,
            > ekmar.brand@... wrote:
            > > >
            > > > SPACE:1999 - Year 2 (Box Set) (DVD) / Release:
            > 10th Sep 2007
            > > >
            > > > http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7001000135933
            > > >

            > > Yikes. Having bought the entire series on DVD
            > already, I can ill
            > > afford to do it yet again.
            > >
            > > Mike

            > removed]

            > removed]
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
          • richard curzon
            Message 5 of 23 , May 25, 2007
              I had all six of the Carlton DVDs, and when I bought
              the Network set (£54), I managed to sell each disc
              individually over a six month period for collectively
              about £60 on Amazon.

              Rick