Re: [OnlineAlpha] Catherine Schell and Barry Morse

  • richard curzon
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 11, 2007
      The adventurer is already available in the UK (Region 2/PAL)

      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adventurer-Complete-Gene-Barry/dp/B000EMTJPQ/sr=1-1/qid=1171208369/ref=pd_bowtega_1/203-6878317-8820703?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

      Rick

      Lindsey Ipsen <krytenssparehead@...> wrote:
      This is probably old news but I thought I'd share it just in case. A friend
      from Scotland just got me this set of ITC Shows from the '70s, including
      single episodes of 'The Prisoner', 'The Saint', etc. The set includes an
      episode of 'The Adventurer' with a new intro by Catherine Schell. Oddly
      however, Catherine isn't in this episode of the series! Hopefully they will
      release the entire series so we can see her in action.

      However, on the same set she does appear in an episode of a series - whose
      name I'm afraid escapes me - with Roger Moore and Tony Curtis in a good
      guest starring role.

      Barry also appears on the set in an episode of 'The Zoo Gang', a very cute
      series with a great concept (retired spies striking out on their own). I'm
      pretty sure this series was filmed before Space and was filmed on location
      in France or Spain - nice locales.

      Anyone else see these?

      Lindsey

      http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG

    • Robert Wood
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 11, 2007
        Hi Lindsey,

        As "bradleyholden2001" already said, the complete series of "The Adventurer" is available on
        DVD in a box set from the UK. If you have a multi-region DVD player, then go ahead and
        order it. Catherine has some good parts in a number of episodes, and Barry is lots of fun
        throughout the series. The show itself isn't generally very highly regarded, but I always find it
        a guilty pleasure to watch! (And the bonus features include some great interviews - including
        Barry, Catherine, and Stuart Damon.)
        By the way, I've been LOVING "bradleyholden2001"'s episode guide to "The Adventurer" at;

        http://www.thevervoid.com/media/adventurer/aventurer_menu.htm

        It's a blast!

        "The Zoo Gang" - Yes, an excellent little series, and I hope it gets a DVD release soon, too!
        Happy viewing,
        Bob
      • richard curzon
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 11, 2007
          Catherine Schell appeared in The Morning After. Episode 13 of The Persuaders (1970-1).

          Rick

          "Anthony D." <atd2003@...> wrote:
          The series is "The Persuaders" - I rented the entire series last year - but
          can't recall off the top of my head the CS episode!

          Haven't seen the others myself except the Prisoner and an episode of The
          Saint.

          Anthony
          > This is probably old news but I thought I'd share it just in case. A friend
          > from Scotland just got me this set of ITC Shows from the '70s, including
          > single episodes of 'The Prisoner', 'The Saint', etc. The set includes an
          > episode of 'The Adventurer' with a new intro by Catherine Schell. Oddly
          > however, Catherine isn't in this episode of the series! Hopefully they will
          > release the entire series so we can see her in action.
          >
          > However, on the same set she does appear in an episode of a series - whose
          > name I'm afraid escapes me - with Roger Moore and Tony Curtis in a good
          > guest starring role.
          >
          > Barry also appears on the set in an episode of 'The Zoo Gang', a very cute
          > series with a great concept (retired spies striking out on their own). I'm
          > pretty sure this series was filmed before Space and was filmed on location
          > in France or Spain - nice locales.
          >
          > Anyone else see these?
          >
          > Lindsey

        • Simon Graves
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 13, 2007
            --- In OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com, richard curzon
            <hammeramicus2002@...> wrote:

            > Catherine Schell appeared in The Morning After. Episode 13 of The
            Persuaders (1970-1).

            > Rick

            Those fans of Catherine's who live in the UK and haven't yet seen this
            episode may be interested to know that it will be screened on ITV4 at
            6PM, Tuesday the 27th, exactly 2 weeks from now (as i write this).