Re: Fan Fiction Site

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 45 , Dec 31, 2005
      --- In OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com, "Robert C. Gilbert"
      <omni.tech@s...> wrote:

      > Mike wrote:
      > > Hi all,
      > > Sorry for not being caught up on things, but I got a bad cold and
      was
      > > pretty much bedridden for the week. Feeling much more human now.
      > > And the answer is...
      > > ...cello!
      >
      > Kinda like Yo-Yo Ma??? What type of Material do you play?

      Ha! In my dreams! I'm more of a rock musician than a classical
      dude. Classical brought me up to speed on technique, but my first
      love is progressive & classic rock. I'm working with a bassist and
      some looping technology and we're creating some interesting stuff.

      But enough about me! Part of my sickbed viewing was a Year 2
      marathon, and I made an effort to revisit episodes I don't watch
      often. So, I was able to revisit some scenes that I haven't seen in
      a while. Every episode, it seems, has it's moments.

      Mike
    • LaShawn Hardy
      Message 45 of 45 , Jan 9, 2006
        I thought the same thing...and both me and my gram were shouting at the TV when we watched this the other day. No way in Hell I would have kept waking in the hall and a strnage one was out there...Woulda turned right back around and went back into Medical Center.

        Floyd Resler <macmage@...> wrote: Force of Life was one of my favorite episodes. Scared me when I was
        a kid. I really liked the fact that the episode had no pat answers.
        Like other episodes, something happens to the Alphans and they can't
        explain why it happened. That's one thing I always found refreshing
        about Space:1999.

        The only thing I couldn't figure out was why did the nurse who was
        running from Anton yell for the guys getting in the Travel Tube. Or,
        at least, call for help on her commlock!

        Floyd

        On Jan 9, 2006, at 11:00 AM, John Beaver wrote:

        > This is one thing I always preferred about 1999
        > compared to Trek, where every story revolves around
        > the same three guys. It's nice to know that things
        > happen to people outside the main cast. It makes
        > Alpha feel more like a real place, knowing that those
        > other 300+ people aren't just there to get killed when
        > it's convenient to the story.
        >
        > --- Mike wrote:
        >
        >> --- In OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com, "Robert C.
        >> Gilbert"
        >> wrote:

        >> centered around guest
        >> point, I guess.
        >>>
        >>> FORCE OF LIFE IS THE EP IN QUESTION!!! As for the
        >> rest of those:
        >> they
        >>> at least have a half interesting plot!
        >>>

        >> I understand that it's the episode in question, but
        >> I pointed out
        >> shows that share the same "flaw", whose quality has
        >> not suffered
        >> because of it. At least in my opinion, anyway.
        >>
        >> As for F of L's plot? I found it to be a pretty
        >> diverting foray into
        >> a gothic horror style of story. To each his own, I
        >> guess. If you
        >> don't like it I don't have any inclination to change
        >> your mind on the
        >> subject.
        >>
        >> Mike

        > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        > dsl.yahoo.com
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        All wish to possess knowledge, but few, comparatively speaking, are willing to pay the price. If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.

        “Sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windshield.” -JR Ewing

        "Our brains are such incredible instruments. Just think what we might be able to achieve if we knew how to use them to their fullest potential." Dr. Helena Russell- Space; 1999 s2 Ep. 19 The Lambda Factor