RE: [OnlineAlpha] Re: Attention Alphans!!Beware of Kennedy Shipyards.com

  • Don Hayunga
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 3, 2005
      Hello Everyone;

      Here's my experience with "Kennedy Shipyards".

      I ordered the "Metaprobe" blueprints. After a bit of a wait
      (we're used to this up here in Canada) the prints arrived. They sent my
      two copies one to look at and abuse the other to put away for safe
      keeping.

      I found the quality was typical of fan made stuff, what I was
      really amazed to find was that many of the details found were straight
      of the model I created. Let me explain...

      There are only two photo's of the "Metaprobe" available that
      show the model in great enough detail to model it properly, I have both.
      Screen caps are not good enough to show the details. My friend and I
      studied these 2 photos for some time then in 1989 I made certain
      assumptions and scratch built the model. After some further studies and
      some lond discussions we decided that I we had made some errors. All of
      these error are on the blueprints. My model attended a 1999 con in
      California and New York in 2000 where I believe the guy from kennedy
      ship yards must have photographed it. To date he's not contacted me to
      offer any type of credit for my work and wont talk to me about it.

      Don

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 3, 2005
        Ken,

        You should of been compensated for your hard work. After all, your
        model was the basis for the blue prints.

        Rexferal

        --- In OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com, Don Hayunga <miramar1@s...>
        wrote:

        > Hello Everyone;
        >
        > Here's my experience with "Kennedy Shipyards".
        >
        > I ordered the "Metaprobe" blueprints. After a bit of a wait
        > (we're used to this up here in Canada) the prints arrived. They
        sent my
        > two copies one to look at and abuse the other to put away for safe
        > keeping.
        >
        > I found the quality was typical of fan made stuff, what I was
        > really amazed to find was that many of the details found were
        straight
        > of the model I created. Let me explain...
        >
        > There are only two photo's of the "Metaprobe" available that
        > show the model in great enough detail to model it properly, I have
        both.
        > Screen caps are not good enough to show the details. My friend and
        > studied these 2 photos for some time then in 1989 I made certain
        > assumptions and scratch built the model. After some further
        studies and
        > some lond discussions we decided that I we had made some errors.
        All of
        > these error are on the blueprints. My model attended a 1999 con in
        > California and New York in 2000 where I believe the guy from
        kennedy
        > ship yards must have photographed it. To date he's not contacted
        me to
        > offer any type of credit for my work and wont talk to me about it.
        >
        > Don

      • Jonathan Michael Reiter
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
          Don, Atomtetsuwan2002 here. I am a Canadian, too. Where in Canada are you from? I am from Saskatoon, Sk.
          Atomtetsuwan2002
          at2k2

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
            Jonathan Michael Reiter wrote:
            > Don, Atomtetsuwan2002 here. I am a Canadian, too. Where in Canada are
            > you from? I am from Saskatoon, Sk.

            I used to live in Saskatoon too! And there is a guy named Tim Gueguen
            there too! Small world?

            --
            Robert C. Gilbert / Tyler Ross @ Omni.Media Technical Services
            Phone: (306) 873-5986 email: omni.tech@...
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
              Hello;

              Nice to here from Western Canada. I'm Here in Winnipeg Manitoba.

              Don

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
                Don Hayunga wrote:
                > Hello;
                > Nice to here from Western Canada. I'm Here in Winnipeg Manitoba.

                At the risk of starting a flame war, I think Canada has more Per Capita
                fans than any other Country!

                --
                Robert C. Gilbert / Tyler Ross @ Omni.Media Technical Services
                Phone: (306) 873-5986 email: omni.tech@...
                Fax: (306) 873-2640 MSN Messenger: tylerross35@...
                -www-: http://omnitech.sasktelwebsite.net/ (URLs to my business web site
                here).
              • Jeffrey Nelson
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
                  And more Space: 1999 fans, too (attempt at humor)!

                  Jeff
                  P.S. Ooh. That was bad...

                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 5, 2005
                    Okay, Don. I got the message about Kennedy Shipyards.com. Atomtetsuwan2002
                    at2k2

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 5, 2005
                      It could be, Robert, it could very well be. I hope, though, that small world grows a bit...
                      It's getting too small, sorry to say.
                      Atomtetsuwan2002
                      at2k2
                      > Don, Atomtetsuwan2002 here. I am a Canadian, too. Where in Canada are
                      > you from? I am from Saskatoon, Sk.

                      I used to live in Saskatoon too! And there is a guy named Tim Gueguen
                      there too! Small world?

                      --
                      Robert C. Gilbert / Tyler Ross @ Omni.Media Technical Services
                      Phone: (306) 873-5986 email: omni.tech@...
                      Fax: (306) 873-2640 MSN Messenger: tylerross35@...
                      -www-: http://omnitech.sasktelwebsite.net/ (URLs to my business web site
                      here).

                    • rexferals
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 20, 2005
                        Hello Alphans!!

                        I needed to update my fight with Kennedy Shipyards. I was forced to
                        report them to the Better Buisness Bureau for non receivement of
                        items. Things are escalating and I will continue the fight against
                        companies who try to rip off Space:1999 fans.

                        --- In OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Michael Reiter
                        <jmrmpd@s...> wrote:

                        > It could be, Robert, it could very well be. I hope, though, that
                        small world grows a bit...
                        > It's getting too small, sorry to say.
                        > Atomtetsuwan2002
                        > at2k2
                        Kennedy Shipyards.com

                        > Jonathan Michael Reiter wrote:
                        > > Don, Atomtetsuwan2002 here. I am a Canadian, too. Where in
                        Canada are
                        > > you from? I am from Saskatoon, Sk.
                        >
                        > I used to live in Saskatoon too! And there is a guy named Tim
                        Gueguen
                        > there too! Small world?
                        >
                        > --
                        > Robert C. Gilbert / Tyler Ross @ Omni.Media Technical Services
                        > Phone: (306) 873-5986 email: omni.tech@s...
                        > Fax: (306) 873-2640 MSN Messenger: tylerross35@h...
                        > -www-: http://omnitech.sasktelwebsite.net/ (URLs to my business
                        web site
                        > here).

                        of Service.

                      • rexferals
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 23, 2005
                          Greetings Alphans,

                          I would like to give you an important update. The Better Business
                          Bureau has agreed in investigate Kennedy Shipyards and their shipping
                          practices. So, if you decide to to business do so at your oun peril.