Re: [OnlineAlpha] Re: Something to cheer you up

  • Jeffrey Nelson
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 5, 2005
      His name WAS used. He was the third guy into the back seat of the car. The ONLY one with an Aussie accent. Short attention span, April? LOL

      Jeff

      ~Agent April Dancer~ <aprildancer3@...> wrote:

      << Oh, That's Who that was! Sorry, >>

      I saw the name at the end and I still don't know what of the first 4 guys he was.. Phil, who was
      he? #1, 2, 3, or 4?

      His name wasn't used. And I really haven't seen Nick in a long time. I did catch part of the thing
      he did in Farscape. I didn't watch the show. Just happened to peep in to see him. But I don't
      remember.

      That was just so funny. The guy who did the family films was putting the others to sleep.. That
      was a riot.. I was feeling sorry for the poor driver, then I saw the end where he cleaning the
      car.. Lololol.. How the hell did that much money fall out og their pockets.. lololol..

      Very good and was fun.. Thanks Phil..

      And A belated happy birthday.

      April.

    • Phil
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 5, 2005
        ---> I saw the name at the end and I still don't know what of the
        first 4 guys he was.. Phil, who was
        > he? #1, 2, 3, or 4?

        He was the guy who said, "Now that's a Knife!" as he cuts through the
        foliage.

        Then he does his bit and as they're describing Nick (Nick was #3 into
        the car) Nick chimes in, "Hung like a Horse!" and the other two guys
        saw Rated NC -17! : - )

        > His name wasn't used. And I really haven't seen Nick in a long
        time.

        Yeah, they say his name but it's an internet version of the film so
        you might have missed it. I saved it to my desktop and I'm able to
        play it through my TV. I showed it to a friend of mine today, we
        were laughing our asses off!

        > That was just so funny. The guy who did the family films was
        putting the others to sleep.. That
        > was a riot.. I was feeling sorry for the poor driver, then I saw
        the end where he cleaning the
        > car.. Lololol.. How the hell did that much money fall out og their
        pockets.. lololol..

        Great stuff....And when Nick looks into the camera it reminded me of
        this photo:

        http://tinyurl.com/74aar

        Looking for the link for this photo I found a Nick Tate . com which I
        hadn't seen before. It's great...check it out, it included examples
        of his voice over work and photos of how he looks....today!

        http://www.nicktate.com/

        > Very good and was fun.. Thanks Phil..
        >
        > And A belated happy birthday.

        I am now officially.....an old fart. Celebrated today, hung out in
        the backyard, took a dip in the pool, had my friend Howard come over
        and we talked Sci Fi all afternoon, from Space: 1999 to Robert
        Thurston novelizations, to War of the Worlds, to Superman, to Nick
        Tate, to New Doctor Who.

        A pleasure of a day. And I kept the news off for the first time all
        week.
      • bryan legg
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 5, 2005
          Happy Birthday Phil (Way Over Due). Here is something else to cheer you up. I bought Dr. Who Leisure Hive because it was cheap. During a sequence when they are supposed to be showing a heavy gravity world it is file footage from Space 1999 yr 2 episode "Space Warp". I just saw it today and it cheered me up.

          ~Agent April Dancer~ <aprildancer3@...> wrote:
          << Oh, That's Who that was! Sorry, >>

          I saw the name at the end and I still don't know what of the first 4 guys he was.. Phil, who was
          he? #1, 2, 3, or 4?

          His name wasn't used. And I really haven't seen Nick in a long time. I did catch part of the thing
          he did in Farscape. I didn't watch the show. Just happened to peep in to see him. But I don't
          remember.

          That was just so funny. The guy who did the family films was putting the others to sleep.. That
          was a riot.. I was feeling sorry for the poor driver, then I saw the end where he cleaning the
          car.. Lololol.. How the hell did that much money fall out og their pockets.. lololol..

          Very good and was fun.. Thanks Phil..

          And A belated happy birthday.

          April.

          ---------------------------------

          signature

          test'; ">
        • ~Agent April Dancer~
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 6, 2005
            << He was the guy who said, "Now that's a Knife!" as he cuts through the foliage. >>

            Ah ok..

            << Then he does his bit and as they're describing Nick (Nick was #3 into the car) Nick chimes in,
            "Hung like a Horse!" and the other two guys saw Rated NC -17! : - ) >>

            Will have to rewatch it.. lol

            << Yeah, they say his name but it's an internet version of the film so you might have missed it. I
            saved it to my desktop and I'm able to play it through my TV. >>

            It was was hard sometimes to keep up with who was talking. The sound isn't crystal clear. And the
            way they all talked {other then the driver} was so over the top..

            << I showed it to a friend of mine today, we were laughing our asses off! >>

            So was I... lololol

            << Great stuff....And when Nick looks into the camera it reminded me of
            this photo: http://tinyurl.com/74aar >>

            That is the way I always think of him.

            << Looking for the link for this photo I found a Nick Tate.com which I hadn't seen before. It's
            great...check it out, it included examples of his voice over work and photos of how he
            looks....today! http://www.nicktate.com/ >>

            Cool find. Just wish it wasn't so all flash..

            << I am now officially.....an old fart. >>

            You said you turned 43. I am turning 45 in less then two months. So welcome to the club.. :D

            << Celebrated today, hung out in the backyard, took a dip in the pool, had my friend Howard come
            over and we talked Sci Fi all afternoon, from Space: 1999 to Robert Thurston novelizations, to War
            of the Worlds, to Superman, to Nick Tate, to New Doctor Who. A pleasure of a day. And I kept the
            news off for the first time all week. >>

            Sounds like you did ok.. :)

            ~~~

            << His name WAS used. He was the third guy into the back seat of the car. The ONLY one with an
            Aussie accent. Short attention span, April? LOL Jeff >>

            As I said the sound wasn't perfect and I have seen so little of Nick of the yrs. After 999. I
            didn't see jim again till the Next gen ep he did. And just a yr. or so back that snippit I caught
            on Farscape.

            And his accent has lessined a lot. When I was him in that TNG ep.. I had to sit there for a long
            time before i could really belibeve that was him.. Wow he had aged a lot in 20-5 yrs.

            April

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • John Beaver
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 8, 2005
              The Tom Baker story Nightmare of Eden (not available
              on DVD as yet) also contains some S:1999 stock
              footage. The shot of the planet Piri, after the
              Guardian has been destroyed, the Alphans are all back
              on the moon, and vegetation is starting to reclaim the
              planet is used to represent one of several alien
              environments stored on a crystal as part of a
              misguided conservation effort. Piri is possibly the
              most alien-looking of the worlds visited by the
              Alphans during their travels.

              http://mail.yahoo.com