Re: Product Enterprise Eagles Revisited

  • Robert Hobby
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 31, 2005
      Hello Mr. Ruiz,

      The Product Enterprise tear down was done by me. Here's a few links
      to look through. These pictures are also accompanied by complete
      written details, which are missing here.

      http://members.cox.net/hobby/parts.JPG
      http://members.cox.net/hobby/assembly.JPG
      http://members.cox.net/hobby/spine.JPG
      http://members.cox.net/hobby/gear.JPG
      http://members.cox.net/hobby/engine1.JPG
      http://members.cox.net/hobby/latest1.JPG
      http://members.cox.net/hobby/complete.JPG

      The relocation of the pods, although not impossible, would be tough
      as you can see from the tear down pictures.

      Rob.

      --- In OnlineAlpha@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Ruiz" <rob@r...> wrote:

      > You guys have probably discussed this to death, but I can't believe
      > Product Enterprise went to the trouble of doing so well with the
      Eagle
      > replica until it got to the placement of the four landing pods.
      They
      > didn't center them, but instead moved them in closer to the
      passenger
      > module and the whole thing looks quite off as a result. I hadn't
      > watched 1999 in four years so couldn't figure out what it was at
      > first, but that's what it is -- I just knew it didn't look right
      somehow.

      > I also find it's got too much colored tape on the top framing, etc.,
      > but the four pods placement totally ruins it for me. So who's out
      > there offering to correct them for a price? Someone I expect. :)
      > Should just be able to do it by making the bar like an L rather
      than an I.

      > Isn't there also supposed to be a diamond-shaped bar with curved
      > corners circling around the engine bells like on the Replica's
      > Unlimited Eagle?
    • Robert Ruiz
      Message 42 of 42 , Feb 6, 2005
        Thanks. I'll give it a try when I'm feeling ambitious -- and when I have some
        fingernails again (none after last nutty weeks at work). :)

        For some reason where they placed these decals really draws my attention to what I
        perceive to be "wrong" with the pods placement, and I can see by covering them with
        my fingers in an upside down V-shape and squinting that if they were gone it would
        be easier to "buy" the Eagle.