New You

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010

      It was communicated to Joseph the name to be given to this child.  It was Joseph, a carpenter, a man who worked with his hands, a man of simple faith and righteousness, who was given the privilege and honor of hearing for the first time, the name of all names, the name that would be above all names…Jesus.  The name of Jesus did not come from Joseph but from God.  What was unique about this name was not the letters of the name, nor was the sound of the name unique.  What was unique about this name was the origin of the man who carried it.  What is significant is not your name but the origin of your heart.  For your heart can be either of human origin or of divine origin.  When you turn away from your human origin of sin to the divine Christ Jesus who is above all other beings, your heart is transformed and you are born again.  Your name remains the same, but you are very new in your heart and life.

      "She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[a] because he will save his people from their sins."  Matthew 1:21 NIV

      In His Service for One Life Ministries – Venetia

      YOU CAN RECEIVE CHRIST RIGHT NOW BY FAITH THROUGH PRAYER

      Prayer of Salvation:  Dear Lord, I admit that I am a sinner.  I have done many things that do not please you.  I have lived my life for myself.  I am sorry and I repent.  I ask you to forgive me.  I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me.  You did what I could not do for myself.  I come to you now, ask you to take control of my life, and I give it to you.  Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you.  I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

      Welcome to the family of God!  Your decision to accept Jesus the Christ as your Lord and Savior is the best decision you have ever made.  We encourage you now to find a local Bible based church where you can be baptized and grow in the knowledge of God through His Word, the Bible.