Life’s Lesson

  • lady_g20
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2007

      A college professor teaching a course on time management set a large jar on his desk and filled it with big rocks.  He asked his students, "Is the jar full?"  They said yes.  Then he poured a bag of small gravel into the jar.  He asked, "Is the jar full?" and again received a "yes" answer.  Then he poured in a bag of sand and a pitcher of water until all the crevices of the jar were filled.  Then he asked, "All right, what does this illustration teach us?"  One student replied, "That's easy.  It teaches us that no matter how busy your life is, you can always make room for more."

      "No, you've missed the point completely!" the professor said. "This teaches us that if you don't put the big rocks in first, you'll never get them in at all."  This is a great life lesson.  The big rocks are life's priorities, and they have to be first on our schedules or they will get crowded out by other things.

      "But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides." Matthew 6:33 AMP

      Live a life worthy,

      Venetia

      christianvoice.spreadtheword.com

      Read John 3:16

      Prayer of Salvation:

      Father in heaven, I know that I have sinned and need to be born again. I offer you my life and ask for cleansing through the blood of Jesus. I confess Jesus as Lord and I believe in my heart that He willingly died for my sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. Holy Spirit, I ask you to come into my heart and make me born anew. Thank you Father for doing it through the person of the Holy Spirit, In Jesus' name. Amen.