Higher Life

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1 7:31 PM

      Faith is simply seeing what God sees.  It is choosing God's way, even when things look differently in the natural.  When you set your thoughts on higher things, you are looking at life through your eyes of faith and seeing what God sees.  You may have a financial need today, but when you look higher, you see God's promise to supply all your needs according to His riches in glory.  You may have sickness in your body, but when you look higher, you see that Jesus paid for your sickness and diseases.  You may feel lonely today, but when you look higher, you see that God has promised to never leave you nor forsake you.  As you study the Word of God, you are setting your thoughts on higher things.  As you set your thoughts on higher things, your faith will become stronger, and you will begin to see those things become reality in your life.

      "And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth."  Colossians 3:2 AMP

      Yours for One Life in Christ, Venetia

      Read the Entire Bible in a Year:  Friday - Isaiah 24-26; Ephesians 4/ Saturday - Isaiah 27-28; Ephesians 5/ Sunday - Isaiah 29-30; Ephesians 6.  "Jesus said to the people who believed in him, "You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.  And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:31-32 NLT).  Enjoy - and may your daily readings bless you richly!

      Read John 3:16, you can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer.

      Prayer of Salvation:  "Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you.  I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my sinful life toward you.  Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.  I believe that your son, Jesus died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.  I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.  Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

      Welcome to the family of God!  We encourage you now to find a local Bible based church where you can be baptized and grow in the knowledge of God through His Word, the Bible.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 12, 2012

        Need prayer – we are here to pray for you at onelifeprayerline@...

        If you do not get your way, if things do not happen on your timetable, instead of getting discouraged, why do not you believe that God has something better in store?  Just because it does not happen your way does not mean it is not going to happen. Remember, God has a plan. He is got it all figured out. Do not limit Him by trying to get it done your way.  Instead, say, "God, I trust you. I know You have my best interest at heart. And even if I do not get my way, I am going to stay open and believe that you are still directing my steps into the one life you have for me."

        "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."  Isaiah 55:9 AMP

        "I may never see you, hear you, meet you, or know you. However, I pray for you each day."  Dr. Venetia Cooper McCombs - For One Life Ministries

        PRAYER OF SALVATION: "Heavenly Father, I come before you a sinner. I recognize that I have been in a state of rebellion, and I humbly ask for your forgiveness and accept your son Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior." Amen. Welcome to the family of God! We encourage you now to find a local church where you can be baptized and grow in the knowledge of God through His Word, the Bible. God Bless you from One Life Ministries!

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 18, 2012

          Need prayer – we are here to pray for you at onelifeprayerline@...

          The Scripture says in Second Corinthians that we walk by faith and not by sight.  In other words, we have to believe it before we are ever going to see it.  When we set our minds higher, we walk by faith.  We see things God's way.  But when we walk by what we see in the natural realm, we can easily allow circumstances and fear to keep us from moving forward.

          "And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth."  Colossians 3:2 AMP

          "I may never see you, hear you, meet you, or know you.  However, I pray for you each day."  Dr. Venetia Cooper McCombs - For One Life Ministries

          PRAYER OF SALVATION:  "Heavenly Father, I come before you a sinner.  I recognize that I have been in a state of rebellion, and I humbly ask for your forgiveness and accept your son Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior."  Amen.  Welcome to the family of God!  We encourage you now to find a local church where you can be baptized and grow in the knowledge of God through His Word, the Bible.  God Bless you from One Life Ministries!

        • lady_g20
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2015
            We all have dreams that we believe God for and situations we want to see turn around. Too often, we put God in a box and tell Him how to do it, when to do it, and who to use to do it. We have it all figured out: how God is going to bring us out of debt, how He is going to change our loved one, how we are going to meet the right person. We pray that things will unfold according to our plan. Why don’t you surrender your plans to Him today? Put your trust in Him because He is faithful. Let Him direct your steps because His ways are higher, and He knows how to lead you into the life of blessing He has for you.

            “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.” Isaiah 55:8

            P.S. If you liked this email, please forward on to any of your friends, family, or co-workers for their encouragement.

          • lady_g20
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 15, 2016
              Sometimes when people look toward the future, they do not see how they will ever rise higher or fulfill their destiny. That’s because they are looking at things in the earthly, realm. But if we’ll set our minds higher, if we’ll set our minds on things above, we will have a different perspective. We walk by faith and not by sight. In other words, we have to believe it before we’re ever going to see it. Make the decision to set your mind on things above. Focus on the good things God has in store. Be determined to close the door on fear and doubt and choose to listen to that inner prompting of the Holy Spirit. Walk and live by faith and set your mind on higher things.

              “Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.” Colossians 3:2 NIV