Life's Details

  • lady_g20
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009

      "I can relate to Martha.  If I were planning a party, she would be the one I would ask to help.  Martha knows everything needs to be just right.

      When Jesus showed up at Martha's door, she did what I would have done.  She started getting everything ready.  However, her sister, Mary, had other plans.  Mary did not share Martha's need to please, so she sat with Jesus.  She knew the house was a mess, but she also knew that Jesus would not be there long, so she forgot about the cleaning and plopped down at his feet.
      Finally, Martha had to speak up and expected Jesus to scold Mary.

      However, that is not what Jesus did.  "My dear Martha," he said, "you are so upset over all these details…"  Jesus took Mary's side.  He said that Mary was the one who had the right idea.  She did nothing but listen and was praised; Martha did everything but listen and was chastised.

      The Lord's priorities are not the same as ours.  Jesus is not as concerned about our lace tablecloths and clean kitchens as we are.  He is concerned with the state of our heart—the time we spend at his feet, reflecting on his words and resting in his presence.

      "But the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are so upset over all these details!  There is really only one thing worth being concerned about.  Mary has discovered it—and I won't take it away from her."  Luke 10:41-42 NLT

      Yours for One Life in Christ, Venetia

      Read the Entire Bible in a Year: Judges 8-9; Luke 8:22-56

      "Jesus said to the people who believed in him, "You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.  And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:31-32 NLT).  Enjoy - and may your daily readings bless you richly!

      Read John 3:16, you can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer.

      Prayer of Salvation:  "Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you.  I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my sinful life toward you.  Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.  I believe that your son, Jesus died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.  I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.  Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

      Welcome to the family of God!  We encourage you now to find a local church where you can be baptized and grow in the knowledge of God through His Word, the Bible.